Thread: Metz 36 AF-5 Flashgun

Real Name
    Barry

Metz 36 AF-5 Flashgun

Hello people, I am looking to get a separate flash as the latest addition to my kit and have come up with the Metz 36 AF-5 during my online research. It is tilt and swivel and has P-TTL, I use a Pentax k-r. Does anyone have one of these flashguns or any anecdotal info on them? A little guidance is usually a big help!

regards Barry

Real Name
    Russell

Real Name
    Brian

Re: Metz 36 AF-5 Flashgun

As yet I don't have a flashgun but I've been looking at the Yougnuo models. They range from basic to advanced. I have a Pentax too.

Real Name
    Barry

Thanks Russell, it seems pretty average according to the review. There are so many places to look it does get confusing, that's why I was hoping for first hand experience.

Real Name
    Barry

Brian, thanks for your response, I've followed your information and am now more confused with the variety of equipment available!

Real Name
    Brian

Barry, I lurch from confusion to confusion! I have heard that the 460 model is a very good starting point. It can be mounted on the camera, off the camera and fired remotely. It can't, I think, use the dedicated flash options of the camera, only more sofisticated or dedicated flashes will do that. They can be picked up on Ebay or Amazon for about GBP45. The MkII is more powerfull than the original 460. The clouds will slowly clear!