Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nikon V1

Real Name
    Paul Melkus

Nikon V1

The price just drop again on the duel lens kit. I was going to wait until the end of the year to see what the V2 was going to be like but from what I understand there not going to be much improvements over the V1 so I pull the trigger, my V1 will be here tomorrow Not sure at this time if I will get the FT-1 mount adapter so I can use my D90 lens but that seems to me to be defeating the purpose of having a smaller compact cameras time will tell. I have 60 days to check it out and see if I like it and if it fills my needs for something smaller and lighter I can just grap and run

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_054V127....html?tp=35732

Real Name
    evan north

Re: Nikon V1

i was thinking of getting a v1 and ft-1 mount. the ft-1 gives 2.7x. it would be great if you are into birds and other wild life with my 70-300mm ed vr. it would become @ 200-810mm, and retain it s f4.5-5.6 aperture and vr! i have also been told that image quality of the lens would be more or less the same as in normal (dx/fx dslr) use. the built in mono/tripod mount of the ft1 is a bonus too.
    the only drawback is the lack of an optical viewfinder, but i could probably get a loop/eyepiece for the 3 inch lcd.

Real Name
    Paul Melkus

Re: Nikon V1

Quote Originally Posted by evan47 View Post
    i was thinking of getting a v1 and ft-1 mount. the ft-1 gives 2.7x. it would be great if you are into birds and other wild life with my 70-300mm ed vr. it would become @ 200-810mm, and retain it s f4.5-5.6 aperture and vr! i have also been told that image quality of the lens would be more or less the same as in normal (dx/fx dslr) use. the built in mono/tripod mount of the ft1 is a bonus too.
    the only drawback is the lack of an optical viewfinder, but i could probably get a loop/eyepiece for the 3 inch lcd.
    I don't do sports or fast action photos so it having a EVF like all the rest of them do is not a problem. The EVF is of great quality,with a 0.47in panel sporting 1440k dots, the V1's viewfinder delivers a large and detailed image which also manages to avoid the rainbow tearing of some rival EVFs when glancing quickly around the frame. Like most EVFs, the V1's viewfinder image is also larger than the optical viewfinder in most budget to mid-range DSLRs. The one problem with it is and Nikon needs to fix with a firmware update is a way to turn it off, right now it uses a proximity sensor to the side of the V1's viewfinder to detects if your eye is close, and automatically switches the image between the screen and viewfinder. This is certainly convenient, but the brief pause while it switches will invariably annoy some who automatically raise a camera to their eyes to grab a spontaneous moment. As for the mount the only drawback to it is you are limited to one focus point in the center of the frame, so you have to recompose as in the "old days"
    Last edited by Melkus; 17th October 2012 at 12:18 AM.