Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: On the Coast

On the Coast

early this morning for "Cruisin the Coast" and had to get these shots of the sun coming up. I had some time to before the event started. These two shots were only a couple of minutes apart. I thought the second one looked better as a B & W. C & C welcomed.

On the Coast

On the Coast

I realized the beach in #2 was too dark and lighten it up some.
    Last edited by Carl in Louisiana; 8th October 2012 at 10:09 PM.

Real Name
    Steve

Re: On the Coast

Interesting; I always like colour though, something to do with my education I suppose. The top one looks really good to me.

Thanks Steve,
    Here you go in color!

On the Coast

Real Name
    Sergio

Wow, Carl, the last one posted has such beautiful warm colors. The other photos are also very good but this one has such a warmth and serenity to it.

Very nicely done.

Serge

Quote Originally Posted by unmerited View Post
    Wow, Carl, the last one posted has such beautiful warm colors. The other photos are also very good but this one has such a warmth and serenity to it.

Very nicely done.

Serge
    Thank You Serge,
    I was afraid it was too saturated.

Real Name
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Carl in Louisiana View Post
    Thank You Serge,
    I was afraid it was too saturated.
    I don't think so, especially given the lighting.
    You could always de-saturate it a tiny bit just to take the edge off if you wanted.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I've got an idea that you might consider way too much over the top. Even so...

In the third image, crop it just below the dark cloud line so it has an aspect ratio of a panorama and digitally remove the birds in the sky. It is a remarkable image with layers and a tack sharp, interesting silhouette.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I've got an idea that you might consider way too much over the top. Even so...

In the third image, crop it just below the dark cloud line so it has an aspect ratio of a panorama and digitally remove the birds in the sky. It is a remarkable image with layers and a tack sharp, interesting silhouette.
    Thanks Mike,
    Yes I did get carried away with it in PP. I still do that at times and just don't understand why I do it. I will have to work on that LOL. I have reworked the image and cropped it some and it does look much better.