Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Body Art

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Body Art

I took this picture at a festival. I really like the color palette in this picture.

Comments welcomed and appreciated.

Body Art
    Body.art by Karm Redland, on Flickr

Karm

Real Name
    Mark

re: Body Art

Hi Karm, i undestand what you mean about the colours, they are good, but for me tho composition doesnt work, the majority of the image is ntaken up by the ladies back and as such gives no intrest. i think you would have been better off composing the immage to focus more on the man with the body art.

Mark, I have to admit that initially it was the picture's colors that led me to post process it. However, your point makes me think a bit harder about why I actually like the image beyond its pretty colors. I like the juxtaposition or contrast between the women's unblemished back and the man's body art. I think the image would have been stronger if the man was in the foreground and the woman in the background.

Karm

Karm

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

I think a far more powerful image would be a shot of the tattooed gent in an isolated environment where there isn't other items competing for the eye's attention. A formal portrait of him would be awesome.

Colin, I agree with you. I could have looked at him for hours and would have loved to have him model for me.

Karm

Real Name
    Richard

I personally think that the bearded dude is pretty awful looking but, quite picturesque... I agree with Colin that he would make a great subjact. I'd love to shoot him in a studio!