Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rocky Front

Real Name
    Nathan

Rocky Front

Shot this photo at the Tifft Nature Reserve, In Buffalo, NY. C&C welcome.

rocky-front.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Rocky Front

Nathan, looks like a nice place to visit and it looks as if during yours it was cold. Kudo's for getting out when many would stay in. Unfortunately it looks as if it were mid day and the sun was bright and a bit harsh. You may be able to improve it some by bringing exposure/highlights down some. It also looks a touch over sharp.

Real Name
    Nathan

Re: Rocky Front

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Nathan, looks like a nice place to visit and it looks as if during yours it was cold. Kudo's for getting out when many would stay in. Unfortunately it looks as if it were mid day and the sun was bright and a bit harsh. You may be able to improve it some by bringing exposure/highlights down some. It also looks a touch over sharp.
    Thanks, Paul. But I have to be honest about something. The photo is a bit deceptive , as it does give the impression that it was taken during the colder season. But the fact of the matter is that it wasn't. I happened to be playing around with some 'TopazLabs Adjust' treatments, and stumbled across this result - which I found myself liking. I hadn't been one to get out during those cold months, but have decided that (this winter) I will brace myself to do so.

It was a about mid day when I shot this photo; a time of day that I now try to avoid doing much shooting in. And you are right about the sharpening. I tend to get a bit heavy handed on the sharpening aspect, and am working toward disciplining myself against that habit.

Thanks for checking my photo out.