Thread: memory card #2

Real Name
    Glenn

memory card #2

Note to oneself make shore you have memory card in camera before travelling 100 miles to find out you left it on the table at home.

Glad I had a spare in my camera bag.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: memory card #2

Same rule for charged battery. Having it at home in the charger is not terribly useful either....

Real Name
    Glenn

That was last weekend charged both batteries used one up by 2.30pm-changed batteries other one totally dead tried it agene today dead battery.

Real Name
    Mark

Im an even bigger moron! as my battery lasts forever in my d7000 i didnt buy another..... went on a studio course knowing my battery needed charging, so i packed the charger, Guess what? the charger was up the spout...... turned up on a course to learn how to use lights and no battery...... lesson learnt.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Took it out and burned it!

At least I wasn't that far from home but I had paid my admission to a raptor center and could only look!

Now I carry a spare SD card and two spare batteries in a sealed snack-pak plastic bag in my pocket before I leave home! Now I also usually carry both my Nikon D3100 and the Canon SX40 on a dual harness whenever I go on a photoshoot. I rotate the three batteries for every photoshoot so I can have one in the camera, one fully charged spare and one charging every time I return from shooting.

How about hiking out with camera and tripod to take some photos, only to remember too late that I had taken the tripd quick release off the camera and left it at home.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

To err is human.

My wife just doen't want me to become super-human!

Real Name
    Richard

I need my camera ready for shots of my rescue dogs and puppies when they are doing something interesting or cute so I always replace the card I remove with images on it with a fresh card and I regularly replace and recharge my batteries.

This has become a bit more logistically complicated since I now normally shoot with a 7D and 40D combination of cameras. They take different batteries and chargers, so I have to pay attention to having the correct batteries. I am very careful of this since, years ago, I was once burned by having the wrong batteries with me when I shot with a 350D and a 10D,

This logistic planning is sometimes difficult for a guy like me who cannot chew gum and walk at the same time.

I am happy that my cameras can use the same type memory cards. However, I normally do use different cards in my 7D and 40D (4GB 300X in my 40D and 16GB 400X in my 7D) because the 7D has larger file sizes. OTOH, I could use the same cards in either camera, even my older 2GB slower cards will work in the 7D.

As far as tripod quick releases go, I always keep my RRS L brackets on my cameras. They are light in weight and conform to the body of the camera. I have Arca Compatible QR clamps on both my monopod and n my tripod...