Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ahhhh....

Ahhhh....

I could not resist this one. Brides reaction during Fathers speech.

Ahhhh....

Re: Ahhhh....

lol....I not really your father...lol

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Nicely caught just before she turns bright red!

Shame the dark hair and background are so similar, but sometimes there's not a lot you can do I know.

Possibly a tad more on left edge? (again, if possible, or graft some on).

Nicely controlled highlights,

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Nicely caught just before she turns bright red!
    Shame the dark hair and background are so similar, but sometimes there's not a lot you can do I know...Nicely controlled highlights,
    Agree ! ...

Precious! I am sure the bride is most grateful that you captured this for her!

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

I just noticed quite a tone change about 1/2 way down the gents forehead - is that a lighting anomaly or just the way it was?

lol....I not really your father...lol

Shame the dark hair and background are so similar
    Yes the problem was that the main table was backed by full length windows and by the time the groom finished his speech it was dark outside.

Nicely controlled highlights,
    This is where a very expensive and highly technical accessory came into play. I was about 30ft from the table with a single 430EXII. I needed to be able to get an accurate bounce where I chose to put it. Enter the half snoot constructed from half A4 sheet of black magifoam and held around the flash head with a hair band and self adhesive velcro (told you it was highly technical)

http://www.planetneil.com/tangents/2...ash-modifiers/

The inherent problem is that it eats light so I had dial in +2 stops FEC. I also used a white sheet of magifoam to create a diffuser by pointing the flash head vertical with the open side of the snoot pointing forward. This worked quite well too.

Precious! I am sure the bride is most grateful that you captured this for her!
    Susan, everyone was very pleased with the images, unlike me, I am beginning to hate some of them with a vengeance. I am probably being over critical since I am very new to this type of photography. I carefully explained that to the couple so they had minimal expectations. The only problem is that I have been asked if I will consider doing more weddings for money. I certainly would not pay myself so the answer has to be a resounding NO. It was very stressful and took my meagre array of equipment to its very limits.

Steve