Thread: Nikon D700 and manual lenses

Nikon D700 and manual lenses

I have a Nikon D700 and am new to digital photography. I only have manual lenses ( from F3 days) and have keyed in the information into the camera about all 4 lenses as instructed, but do I then have to tell the camera which lens I have put on ( 1,2,3 or 4) each time I change a lens or will the camera automatically recognize which one I have put on. If I do how do I do it? I cannot find any help on this in my manual.
    Any advice gratefully received.

Real Name
    Robin

Re: Nikon D700 and manual lenses

You need to tell it which one.

I switch between a Nikon 55mm f2.8 Micro and a Nikkor-H 28mm f3.5 on my D300s on a regular basis.....essentially the same on a D700.

Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    You need to tell it which one.

I switch between a Nikon 55mm f2.8 Micro and a Nikkor-H 28mm f3.5 on my D300s on a regular basis.....essentially the same on a D700.
    How?

Real Name
    Ian (the other one)

Try looking at pages 210-212 of the English D700 manual (Which you can download from the Nikon site) - tells you what to do...

Basically you have to choose a control button (Custom setting F5) which, when you press it, allows you to dial in the lens number (That you chose when you entered the lens data) using the Main Command Wheel.
    Last edited by darkslide; 4th October 2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Still learning to spell...

Quote Originally Posted by darkslide View Post
    Try looking at pages 210-212 of the English D700 manual (Which you can download from the Nikon site) - tells you what to do...

Basically you have to choose a control button (Custom setting F5) which, when you press it, allows you to dial in the lens number (That you chose when you entered the lens data) using the Main Command Wheel.
    Thanks.