Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hurry Up!

Hurry Up!

Meet Gracie one of about 7 feral cats that my wife has somewhat tame, well tame enough for her. I can get close and even touch one once in a while. Gracie has been around for some time now and is a regular porch cat. When strangers come up they disappear very fast.

Hurry Up!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Hurry Up!

I'll never think of Sinatra in the future when people mention Ol' Blue Eyes. Seriously, it's really nice that the background complements the cat's colors and is not at all distracting. The cat's paw on the step makes this truly an environmental portrait.

Real Name
    Helen Wood

What an absolutely gorgeous cat. She looks remarkably healthy and well groomed for a feral feline. One minor detail. It's a shame that the tip of one ear and part of the paw are cropped

Real Name
    Richard

Beautiful cat... The best cat I ever had was the product of feral parents. However, this big guy (about 25 pounds in his prime) was totally people oriented. We shared our home together for about twelve years until he passed from cancer.

He was a wonderful hunter and cleared my property of vermin including clearing our lawn of gophers.

Mike,
    Ha! Ha! Thank You that means a lot to me.

Helen,
    Thank You! My wife was able to take her down and have her fixed. As far as grooming she does that herself. Gracie has been around here now approx. 5-6 yrs and my wife feeds them all twice a day. I did not crop the image on the ear or the paw, she saw me coming, and that was okay, but the minute I raised the camera she started to leave, I called her name softly and she paused long enough for me to grab what I could. I was disappointed that it turn out that way but was also glad I shot what I did. Maybe with time she will let me have a better go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Beautiful cat... The best cat I ever had was the product of feral parents. However, this big guy (about 25 pounds in his prime) was totally people oriented. We shared our home together for about twelve years until he passed from cancer.

He was a wonderful hunter and cleared my property of vermin including clearing our lawn of gophers.
    Thanks Richard, we also have one in the house, she was separated from her mother about 8 years ago and was so tiny, eyes looked as if she just opened them in the last day or so. She now is the queen of the house and spoiled rotten. The wife and I are the only humans she will tolerate. I will try and get a photo of her soon, they are all kind of getting a little use to this old guy walking around with a camera in his hand and pointing it at them.
    Sorry to hear you lost him.

Real Name
    Richard

Losing our cat was devastating, especially since we could probably never find another cat who would coexist so well with our many rescue dogs.

Felix, the cat, and Sara Lee, our wolf-hybrid rescue would team up to get gophers. Felix would wander the lawn, occacionally putting his ear to the ground to listen for a gopher. When he located one, somehow he communciated that to Sara Lee and she would dig, exposing the gopher hole. Then, like any dog, Sara would get bored and wander off. However, Felix would wait by the hole all day to get the gopher as he peeped out. They were quite a team. I miss them both and not just for their gopher hunting ability!