Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Summer is over but at least we have the photographs

Real Name
    Miltos

Summer is over but at least we have the photographs

I tried to make the most from some summer photographs that didn't attract my attention at first but I thought I could experiment in Silver Efex 2. All from Aegina island.

Here are the results:

And a night one from the port:

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Summer is over but at least we have the photographs

Whilst, of course, all those lucky folk in the southern hemisphere are just going into their summer.

Good work with SEP2. The first one is a very strong image. Good strong lines and the sort of image that needs good blacks and whites.

We all, of course have our own view of what we want to create and, as we keep saying on here, there are no rights or wrongs, it's all about personal interpretation. On the third one, I would have maybe put control points onto the hillside and onto the water and pulled back the structure. I think the whole thing has got a bit of a 'crunchy' feel to it and pulling back on the structure slider would, I think address that.

Real Name
    Miltos

Thank your very much for your comments and suggestions Donald. Really appreciate it.

I am very new to SEP2 so there is a ton of things to learn from BW expert like you. After reading your comments and reviewing my image suddenly this awful crunchy look you noticed became more than obvious. I really don't know how I missed it (actually I do, it is the lack of experience...).

Here is another version. I am sure I can do better so I will keep working on it.

And as for the south folks... Although the temperature here is still over 30 oC I just envy you

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by MilT0s View Post
    Here is another version. I am sure I can do better so I will keep working on it.
    I think that is pretty good and that it doesn't need any more.

One of the things I found about SEP2 is that it is very easy to never be content with what you have done and to keep working away just a little bit more. There are so many options available in terms of what you can do that you carry on with the attitude, "I'll just try this a little bit and see what it looks like". Knowing what it is you want to achieve and then stopping when you achieve it, is, for me, one of the hardest parts of working with SEP2.

Real Name
    Miltos

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    One of the things I found about SEP2 is that it is very easy to never be content with what you have done and to keep working away just a little bit more. There are so many options available in terms of what you can do that you carry on with the attitude, "I'll just try this a little bit and see what it looks like". Knowing what it is you want to achieve and then stopping when you achieve it, is, for me, one of the hardest parts of working with SEP2.
    Totally agree Donald.

PP is a fascinating thing to master but shooting photographs is better!

Real Name
    John

I'm still editing parts of July's photo shoots, skipping ahead to September as something catches my eye!