Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: FD4 drooping hoses

FD4 drooping hoses

Shot today at Swansea Musem. The hose compartment of an old Bedford fire-engine. 5D, Sigma 70-200 DG, ISO400, 1/160, f2.8.

FD4  drooping hoses

VIEW IT ON BLACK

Real Name
    David

Re: FD4 drooping hoses

Hi Carregwen - This, to me, is an image of contrasts: smooth v rough; dark v light. It's amazing what "industrial" images can conjure up. I wonder if the image might be improved by increasing the contrast (via Curves) to bring out the shininess of the brass and steel on the ends of the hoses. Also, a bit of possibly selective sharpening to accentuate the texture of the canvas tubing would help the smooth/rough idea.

Cheers

David

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Hi Carregwen - This, to me, is an image of contrasts: smooth v rough; dark v light. It's amazing what "industrial" images can conjure up. I wonder if the image might be improved by increasing the contrast (via Curves) to bring out the shininess of the brass and steel on the ends of the hoses. Also, a bit of possibly selective sharpening to accentuate the texture of the canvas tubing would help the smooth/rough idea.

Cheers

David
    Thanks. Yes I think the brass needs more polishing! I'll have anothe bash at it, I think. Old industry always makes interesting subject-matter.

reminds me of a cow with udders

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbythebeach View Post
    reminds me of a cow with udders
    Or perhaps Pame.... No, we won't go there today.

You need to spend more time in the city, my friend.