Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: camera remotes

Real Name
    Mark

camera remotes

oky dokey, on the continuing quest for more goodies, i feel i need a remote for the the nikon 5100.
    dont want a cable one so wireless, and if possible one that allows me to change shutter speed without touching the camera and tripod, but i feel that might be either way to expensive or just not available.
    i was looking at the hahnel giga t pro 2, but i like to get feed back from you guys at to what you use and like.
    cheers all

Real Name
    Dan

Re: camera remotes

I recently started using the hahnel gigabit pro 2, and I like it, but I don't think it will do what you want. I may be wrong (I have only used it a few times), but I think it will allow you to control the shutter speed from the remote only when in bulb setting, and then only for shutter speeds of 1 second or longer. For shorter shutter speeds, i think you have to control it manually from the camera. Perhaps someone with more experience can correct me if I am wrong.

Real Name
    Mark

thanks anyway dan, i think the giga seems like a good one, if i cant get remote shutter speed ill go for this one i think

Real Name
    Frank Miller

I have some friends with wireless remotes. Sometimes when we go out on photoshoots, one guy clicks his remote and multiple cameras go off! LOL!

Real Name
    Mark

ha ha lol, that seems like tuning in the tv stations in shop windows