Thread: Bugger!

Bugger!

A little mishap on a remote African highway
    Bugger!

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Bugger!

Ouch...Well caught. The man in the background makes it for me. What must be going threw his mind. Ooops.

Real Name
    Phil Page

Oops

On a straight road as well - he must be wondering how to explain this one to the boss

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Brilliant - although I'd sugegst reconsidering that watermark slapped across it. It really drags attention away from what is a very good bit of work.

Real Name
    Steve

Did he pass his driving test Actually I knew an ATP who drove lorries, he went back to flying helicopters but once he parked his trailer on soft ground, and it turned over shooting beer barrels out the top.

However, this one is parked the wrong way round. If your in a car it is generally not a good idea to park too close to a truck, if its driver has exceeded the speed limit then a tyre could burst, which generally means they could all burst on the side the load shifts to.

Don't know if that happened here though. and better with a border and text moved out.

Real Name
    Raul or Gabriel

What could've happened here???

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Quote Originally Posted by Fstop Manalo View Post
    What could've happened here???
    May be he had a female company!!!

Was just wondering what was your vantage point, Mr. Foreman. Were you on a moving vehicle?

I was travelling past and stopped a little up the road for the picture. All was in order and nobody was injured which is amazing.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

I wonder why the wheels are so far off the road? Did he have to go up the embankment to avoid another vehicle? Or perhaps he was just pulling off the road to stop and the load shifted?

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Nice composition, theres something about the hands on hips pose that just says "OK, I messed up, but what can I do do about it".

Real Name
    Mark

na, you guys got it wrong, what happened was, i was driving a long guvnor, doing the speed limit, when a herd of wildebeest came out on nowhere and i had to take avoiding action, and luckily i missed them

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by darknight View Post
    na, you guys got it wrong, what happened was, i was driving a long guvnor, doing the speed limit, when a herd of wildebeest came out on nowhere and i had to take avoiding action, and luckily i missed them
    One piece of advice we received from the company that we rented our 4x4 camper truck was that if a wild animal moved into the path of the vehicle, the safest thing to do would be to hit the animal, rather than swerving to avoid it and potentially running into a situation like this image.

It was also suggest that this recommended course of action did not apply if the animal in question was an elephant....

Real Name
    Mark

yep thats true manfred, on the normal road as well, swerve for a squirrel..hit a tree or worse!

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by darknight View Post
    yep thats true manfred, on the normal road as well, swerve for a squirrel..hit a tree or worse!
    In the area where we live, we see quite a bit of racoon, skunk and squirrel "road kill" around and a few deer that have been hit by a vehicle as well. The only animals most people should dodge are bear and especially moose (those things are larger than a cow!), but certainly not in the elephant class.

People have certainly been killed and injured swerving to avoid some of the smaller animals. There was a case a few years ago where a car hit a deer and it came flying though the windshield and killed the passenger.