Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Image from the New D600

Real Name
    Allan Short

Image from the New D600

I have been playing around taking some images with my new toy. I thought that I would post one that I took this morning in Colour and a version in B&W and give a couple of observation. I was using the D7000, now it is a full frame so I have to pick up on some other differences. One is the image ever big and shrape, compared to the D7K, that said, I also purchased the 16-35mm f4 FX len, I had a 16-85mm DX len, when shooting at 16mm with my Lee filter holder with a polarizer on the DX len never had a problem, but now because the 16-35mm is a FX len, you end up with a big old circle of the image caused by the holder. Well it is a learning experience, one think I did find out is when taking a long exposure, these were about 2 minutes 45 seconds, with the D7K I never had to cover the eye viewer as to light leaking in, the light does not just leak in the with the D600 it is a flood. I had the viewfinder covered and it fell off, about 10 seconds off, before it was put back on, viewfinder away from the sun, image toasted. I do like to take long exposures so I guess that I am going to take a tuque with me all the time.
    The image that I am posting was taken at f22, exposure 162 sec, ISO 50, 16mm as Nikon has not released the data to process raw files these were jpegs taken into raw to to processed.

Cheers:

Allan

Image from the New D600

This is the same image converted to B&W with Nik Silver Efex Pro 2

Image from the New D600

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Image from the New D600

I'm glad you are enjoying your new toy; and a nice shot too. I think I prefer the colour image. Looks like it was cool down by the lake this morning.

Real Name
    Phil Page

You'll be seeing a big difference on full frame

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by dubaiphil View Post
    You'll be seeing a big difference on full frame
    If by that you mean that the viewfinder is larger and easier to look through, I will agree with you. If you mean that the images will be better, I wouldn't say that is true; I shot both FF (D800) and crop fram (D90).

Real Name
    Phil Page

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    If by that you mean that the viewfinder is larger and easier to look through, I will agree with you. If you mean that the images will be better, I wouldn't say that is true; I shot both FF (D800) and crop fram (D90).
    As do I (D700 and D90) and I'll stick by it!

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    I have been playing around taking some images with my new toy. I thought that I would post one that I took this morning in Colour and a version in B&W and give a couple of observation. I was using the D7000, now it is a full frame so I have to pick up on some other differences. One is the image ever big and shrape, compared to the D7K, that said, I also purchased the 16-35mm f4 FX len, I had a 16-85mm DX len, when shooting at 16mm with my Lee filter holder with a polarizer on the DX len never had a problem, but now because the 16-35mm is a FX len, you end up with a big old circle of the image caused by the holder. Well it is a learning experience, one think I did find out is when taking a long exposure, these were about 2 minutes 45 seconds, with the D7K I never had to cover the eye viewer as to light leaking in, the light does not just leak in the with the D600 it is a flood. I had the viewfinder covered and it fell off, about 10 seconds off, before it was put back on, viewfinder away from the sun, image toasted. I do like to take long exposures so I guess that I am going to take a tuque with me all the time.
    The image that I am posting was taken at f22, exposure 162 sec, ISO 50, 16mm as Nikon has not released the data to process raw files these were jpegs taken into raw to to processed.

Cheers:

Allan

Image from the New D600

This is the same image converted to B&W with Nik Silver Efex Pro 2

Image from the New D600
    Love both photos!!! The first one is very crisp and clear and the second one is very mysterious! Have fun with your new toy!