Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sometimes, the waves part to reveal new territory...

Sometimes, the waves part to reveal new territory...

Sometimes, the waves part to reveal new territory...

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Sometimes, the waves part to reveal new territory...

Well observed and captured Rob

The second day of ...?

I note the file has no defined colour-space , but then maybe(?) it doesn't need one

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    The second day of ...?
    You know your Bible better than I do. I didn't notice this when I took it, but I'm struck now by the entire arrangement around the smoker, as if the people, and even the tables, are standing aside as if to focus on the smoker. Does that make sense? BTW, his cigarette is VERY long... and he has his eyes closed...

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Nope, I thinking you have found a different interpretation of my throwaway comment.

I was thinking this is one of those vans that goes to agricultural/open air events, etc. and the tables and chairs have been left in situ overnight with the chairs tipped to prevent collection of rain, so it must be day two of whatever the event was (and what was the event?)

There, clear as mud

... and not a prayer in sight.

I guessed it was the apparent parting of chairs and people that caused you to take the pic though, so yes, I guess I did make that biblical connection, at least subconciously.

I wonder what his name is, Mo***?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Nope, I thinking you have found a different interpretation of my throwaway comment.

I was thinking this is one of those vans that goes to agricultural/open air events, etc. and the tables and chairs have been left in situ overnight with the chairs tipped to prevent collection of rain, so it must be day two of whatever the event was (and what was the event?)

I think we were BOTH thinking of the biblical connection.

The Second Day
    The separation of the waters. There was yet no liquid water, no oceans. All of the water was in the form of a vapor, a worldwide super-fog, extending a number of kilometers/miles up from the very hot (above the boiling temperature of water) bare-rock earth's surface (the earth's core remains molten right to the present day). God's "hovering over the waters" in verse 2 describes His being above that gaseous-water atmosphere, not a liquid ocean. God then caused most of the water to condense onto the cooling earth which simultaneously formed a whole-planet ocean and cleared the sky. (Genesis 1:6-8)
    God (that sounds wrong), you get culture on this 'ere forum...

it looks like he peed his pants....or is it just the lighting,,,,
    he kinda looks homeless...???

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbythebeach View Post
    it looks like he peed his pants....or is it just the lighting,,,,
    he kinda looks homeless...???
    Look here. Just because you swan around in South California, with Pamela Anderson rubbing oil in for you on the beach every day, doesn't mean we all live that lifestyle.

It was RAINING!

It does that a lot here...

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Look here. Just because you swan around in South California, with Pamela Anderson rubbing oil in for you on the beach every day, doesn't mean we all live that lifestyle.

It was RAINING!

It does that a lot here...

Those big things they are wearing over their shirts with long sleeve? Is that what is called a jacket? Its 94F and sunny today...will remain so until late octoberish....

we could use rain here,,,our largest fire currently burning , has burned 120,000 acres
    I think an acre is a wee bit larger than a football field..They are forcasting containment in 2 weeks...for the first few days of the fire there wasnt any wind so the smoke just rose straight up into what looked like a volcano plume...They said maybe 15000-20000 feet into the air and could be seen for miles and miles...

disclaimer - i did not take time to read the entire thread.

that said, i love this image! i love how the guy with the cig has his eyes closed... makes you wonder what on earth he was thinking! and the chairs being upset... another thing to add interest and pondering!

IMO - bravo!