Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Heading for the club house

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Heading for the club house

I took this a few weeks ago and just got around to processing it. Your C&C appreciated.
    Heading for the club house

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Heading for the club house

Wayne

I like the idea behind this one. However, I'm feeling (it would have been good to see it posted at a larger size) that all the yachts and the dinghy nearer the front, are not sharp. Focus seems to be on those two poles near the front and everything behind them is slightly out-of-focus.

I see it was shot at f16, so that should have given you good depth-of-field. Is it just a sharpening issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Wayne

I like the idea behind this one. However, I'm feeling (it would have been good to see it posted at a larger size) that all the yachts and the dinghy nearer the front, are not sharp. Focus seems to be on those two poles near the front and everything behind them is slightly out-of-focus.

I see it was shot at f16, so that should have given you good depth-of-field. Is it just a sharpening issue?
    But the shutter speed was a bit low for a scene with movement. And was it shot handheld or on a tripod?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    But the shutter speed was a bit low for a scene with movement. And was it shot handheld or on a tripod?
    Ah ha - Didn't clock the shutter speed, Geoff. I just looked at the aperture setting. But that would explain it, I think.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Wayne

Thanks Donald, it is taken at 1/30 which is a bit slow for the moving dinghy. Its hand held at about 100mm but that shouldn't be an issue for the yachts . Here is the the larger version, I recall spot metering further afield than the poles.Heading for the club house

Real Name
    Paul Melkus

Over all I like but a quicker shutter speed would have help I feel mainly with the sun and sky being so bright.
    Last edited by Melkus; 12th September 2012 at 10:50 AM.