Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Scanner Drivers

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Scanner Drivers

I have had a couple of friends bemoaning the fact that they can no longer use old scanners with new operating systems rendering them redundant. I just wondered how many forum members are aware of VUESCAN, available for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
    I had similar problems particularly when I moved to a Mac but hey presto all my old scanners are working, including my ScanDual negative scanner, and all with a common interface. Magic!

Re: Scanner Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Clactonian View Post
    how many forum members are aware of VUESCAN
    I'd not heard of it but a quick Google took me to its home page at http://www.hamrick.com/ and found it's pricing is here https://www.hamrick.com/reg.html

Now had it been free, I'd have been interested

Ken

I've been using VUESCAN on my linux box and MAC laptop to control my COOLSCAN for a couple of years now. There is also a VUESCAN bible available. I bought the book from Amazon.
    -mike

Real Name
    Bernard Boyle

Hi Ken,Itoo had problems with scanner drivers ,downloaded Vuescan scanner now working absolutely free download....cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Benjy View Post
    Hi Ken,Itoo had problems with scanner drivers ,downloaded Vuescan scanner now working absolutely free download....cheers
    Yes, it's free to download but my reading of their web site is that unless you pay money any scans you do with the download are watermarked. So the free download is great for evaluating the software but to get a 'real' scan without an irritating watermark across it money is required.

Or are you saying that's not the case? The download you get from hamrick.com (currently VueScan v9) DOESN'T put a watermark onto the scan?

Ken

Real Name
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Clactonian View Post
    I have had a couple of friends bemoaning the fact that they can no longer use old scanners with new operating systems rendering them redundant. I just wondered how many forum members are aware of VUESCAN, available for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
    I had similar problems particularly when I moved to a Mac but hey presto all my old scanners are working, including my ScanDual negative scanner, and all with a common interface. Magic!
    Mike, I think this is probably a Mac problem..... I have both an Epson 3200 scanner and a Minolta Scan Dual scanner. These were bought when I was running Win2000. I now am running windows 7 and the scanners continue to work perfectly because the latest Windows OS ( I haven't tried Windows 8) accept old software and run it using the old drivers.