Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Did Somebody Say: "Keep on Rockin'?"

Real Name
    Terry

Did Somebody Say: "Keep on Rockin'?"

This is the drummer for Open Fire.

These guys are pretty heavy rockers. Must be why I like them! But they have a lot of talent. Shot last night after shooting a full day of Methodist Serve Day for a church! Had to submit around 50 for the Media Director at the Church and I just got to play around with this one for a bit before I burned out for the day! Was up way past my bedtime with these guys!

Shot under bad stage lighting and I provided a little gelled lighting (because I was getting tired of the same old thing) to augment. I’m not going for a perfect white balance, nor am I very concerned about skin tones so much. It’s a stage setting after all. Though I still get itchy with the color casts! And I toned down what I had.

Brought the shutter down, shot this one wide open, and fired second curtain.

Did Somebody Say: "Keep on Rockin'?"
    Last edited by Loose Canon; 10th September 2012 at 05:32 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Did Somebody Say: "Keep on Rockin'?"

It works well, Terry. Good one.

Real Name
    Gretchen

I know you said you weren't concerned with the color cast . . . .there is a lot of blue this photo.

I like the energy of the shot tho. And the subject's facial expression. Very nice.

Real Name
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    It works well, Terry. Good one.
    Thank you, Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by ggt View Post
    I know you said you weren't concerned with the color cast . . . .there is a lot of blue this photo.
    And I shot it with a red (or pink, I can't recall) gel!

Quote Originally Posted by ggt View Post
    I like the energy of the shot tho. And the subject's facial expression. Very nice.
    Thank you, Gretchen. I shot with a lot of color to see if I could enhance the stage lighting rather than try to overcome it. I have found that I can do that, but I wanted to see about changing things up a bit.

Give it a colored "under the lights" stage kind of thing. Don't know if I achieved that, but I am getting some ideas on how it might be done.

What I need is to get a really nice venue with some really nice (and bright) stage lighting. Be it colored (and it always is) or not.

But that may not be happening anytime soon so I'm going to have to see if I can simulate it best as I can with the limited circumstances I am presented with!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    Give it a colored "under the lights" stage kind of thing. Don't know if I achieved that
    That was immediately apparent to me.