Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Me, Myself and I

Real Name
    Jeroen

Me, Myself and I

When walking through the city of Venlo (wich was the finish of a race of La Vuelta) I spot this piece of art on a statue. When I moved closer the take a photo of it, I suddenly saw my reflection as well as my shadow on the stone. So here it is after cropping, converting it to BW and some contrast and brightness addaption.

Me, Myself and I
    1/640 f7.1 ISO400 -0.7ev

Re: Me, Myself and I

i like this. how did you get your image so that you can not see the camera being held to your eye?

Real Name
    Jeroen

Thank you Susan,
    I held my camera with one hand right in front of me. I did that with my right hand. You can see my arm and elbow in the reflection. So basically (did I spell that right?) if the reflection was more detailed and coloured you should see my camera in front of me.
    So I just found one advantage of a small compactcamera over a DSLR Small enough to hide.
    (but not for long, I'm saving money for a DSLR )

Quote Originally Posted by JK6065 View Post
    Thank you Susan,
    I held my camera with one hand right in front of me. I did that with my right hand. You can see my arm and elbow in the reflection. So basically (did I spell that right?) if the reflection was more detailed and coloured you should see my camera in front of me.
    So I just found one advantage of a small compactcamera over a DSLR Small enough to hide.
    (but not for long, I'm saving money for a DSLR )
    DOh!!! I completely forgot about the compact camera (cc) and not needing to have them to the eye. sheesh.

Question - your avatar - beautiful! did you use your cc for that as well? If so- WOW! wonderful!

eta - just took a look see at your photo stream - when you get your hands on a dslr - you are going to go nuts! you are doing wonderful things with such a limited piece of equipment!!! I cannot wait to see what you put up when that day comes!

Real Name
    Jeroen

All the photo's on my Flickr photostream are made with my cc (Panasonic Lumix FX-35, quite a good camera but limited in settings and quite a lot of noise in low light conditions).
    But what a compliment you gave me there (bit of a blush ).
    Just an other good reason to really go for that dslr. But not too early now, first I have to work hard for the money.