Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Warning. You will 'roo' the day should you open this post!

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Warning. You will 'roo' the day should you open this post!

i was out feeding Bruno the sheep in his pen last night around 5pm and these guys, who were having their last feed outside the fence before settling down for the night, stopped to check out what I was up to. They soon lost interest and went back to feeding.
    And in case you ask. Yes the big buck did lean to one side to get a better view. Don't believe that the pic is not tilted? Well, check the perpendicular from his nose down through his rhs Leg on which he was leaning.
    Thanks for viewing and any cc comments you may care to make. I do accept that by now most of you will be groaning, " Oh no! Not more damned roo pic!" But hey we have so many here and I keep practicing on them in the hope that one day I might get better!
    Cheers
    Old Ucci

Real Name
    Terri

Re: Warning. You will 'roo' the day should you open this post!

Great shots, Ken. I guess your roos are like my foxes coming around all the time. So nice of them to allow us to practice on them!

My favorites are #1 and #6. The buck's stance and expression are priceless. And in #6, I so appreciate how challenging it is to get the shot without grass stems right in front of their faces. #7 has such great sharp focus but I'm anxious to see the little guys face. I had this going on with a fawn I was trying to photograph today. It seemed he just didn't want to look up!

Thanks for sharing your part of the world!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Some of there expressions are so priceless and they bring a smile to my face. Thank you for sharing!

Real Name
    Steve

Hey ken, i'm not tired of seeing them. The first one is priceless!!! Has human qualities to it! Great job, and keep them coming.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Thank you Terri, Frank and Steve for your extremely kind comments, whose generosity I feel I don't really deserve. However it was extremely pleasing that, independently, all three of you picked up a most critical factor as far as I am concerned. We have roos up to our nostrils here at home. So, getting a picture of a kanagaroo is no big deal; any old picture that is! So easy you could probably do it with the lens cover still on and no film in the camera. Okay, a slight exaggeration. But you get my drift. Where the fun and challenge comes in is in trying to capture something a little different, which hopefully gives some 'personality' and 'Life force' expression to the subject. Which is why I am pleased with the fact that you all have picked up this attempt in #1, which incidentally is my favourite. Thank you for viewing and making the time to comment. It is very much appreciated.
    old ucci

Real Name
    Bobo

Nice...

Real Name
    Steve

Some of them look well fed and even human Ken.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

On no. Not more d ............................!

I think the challenge with these beasties is getting them in a location where the colour and tone of the coat stands out from the background. I suppose nature built in a degree of camouflage to the design, but it doesn't help us poor photographers.

It does work in the case of the big buck and capturing that pose is a great bit of work.