Thread: A few from this WE

Real Name
    Jeff

A few from this WE

Shooting conditions are improving with an "Avant gout" of Autumn, my favourite season. Nikon D7000, 16-85, comments appreciated.

A few from this WE

A few from this WE

A few from this WE

Could do with some feedback on this composition ...

A few from this WE

Real Name
    Miltos

Re: A few from this WE

Indeed excellent light but also excellent composition in all your images Jeff. It is sunset or sunrise time? Also, did you use a grad or polarizing filter? I am asking because in the first on the sky is darker than the ground given a special feeling to the image and wonderful colors.

The only super-minor problems I see compositionally are some half-trees on the left.

The last one is also very nice, I like the white painted wood details and its contrast to the color of the rose. However it feels to me that the composition is not perfectly balance, the rose is too close the edge of the frame. That's why although I like the vignetting I think it interferes too much with your main subject. There is also more than necessary empty space on the left but don't get me wrong, I like your image a lot!
    Last edited by MilT0s; 2nd September 2012 at 08:15 AM.

Real Name
    Jeff

Re: A few from this WE

Quote Originally Posted by MilT0s View Post
    Indeed excellent light but also excellent composition in all your images Jeff. It is sunset or sunrise time? Also, did you use a grad or polarizing filter? I am asking because in the first on the sky is darker than the ground given a special feeling to the image and wonderful colors.

The only super-minor problems I see compositionally are some half-trees on the left.

The last one is also very nice, I like the white painted wood details and its contrast to the color of the rose. However it feels to me that the composition is not perfectly balance, the rose is too close the edge of the frame. That's why although I like the vignetting I think it interferes too much with your main subject. There is also more than necessary empty space on the left but don't get me wrong, I like your image a lot!
    Thanks, that's all helpful. I use a polariser, but all ND grads are in software these days.

Best

Jeff