Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake

http://jaimejohnson.zenfolio.com/

This was kind of neat, two days ago we were photographing rattlesnakes. During that outing, we spotted a monster snake under a rock. He was huge, but we couldn’t get a good image of him.
    I couldn’t forget that snake, so today we went back to the same place in search of more snakes. Surprisingly enough, as we approached the rock where the monster was two days ago – we noticed
    Him out sunning himself. He was short tempered, but had recently dined on a black tailed prairie dog. If you are aware of the size of black tail prairie dogs, that gives some idea of scale to the
    Diameter of the snake (much larger around than a pop can). He was over five feet in length. Not much for rattles, but often the older snakes have broken rattles from their tails. Really a nice
    specimen – short tempered but moving slow! He eventually went back to the sanctuary of the rock.

F5.6
    ISO 400
    1/2000

Canon 1Dx / Canon 500mm f4 L / Kenko 36mm Extension Tube (allows 500mm to focus closer)/Gitzo 3530 LSV / Wimberley Head

Rattlesnake

Real Name
    Kris Harmon

Re: Rattlesnake

Great photo. I would like to get out and get some pictures of snakes but time away from work is an issue.

KHarmon

Real Name
    ruby

Poisonous snakes just LOOK evil. Great capture

Real Name
    Kenny

Cracking shot - gives me the shivers just thinking about being face to face with this guy!

Real Name
    Ron Lane

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimej26 View Post
    http://jaimejohnson.zenfolio.com/

Canon 1Dx / Canon 500mm f4 L / Kenko 36mm Extension Tube (allows 500mm to focus closer)/Gitzo 3530 LSV / Wimberley Head

Rattlesnake
    I live in Oklahoma where these are very common. For me to shoot one like that I would need that extension tube and would use all of that 500mm focus

Great picture though.