Thread: I hope u can give some feedback...

Real Name
    Mark Simpul

I hope u can give some feedback...

It was a clear day last sunday (26 Aug 2012), decided to take a drive around the city. This is one of the popular landmarks in Kota Kinabalu..So i stop at the side of the road to take this photos. A lot of tourist used to drop by and take pictures here. Other than this, i also included a sunset which i recently took.
    [IMG]I hope u can give some feedback...[/IMG]

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: I hope u can give some feedback...

In the last one, over(?) saturated colours make it look surreal, which is kinda good.
    All images are nice, but they don't look straight to me.

Real Name
    Phil Page

Re: I hope u can give some feedback...

Yes, I agree - watch your horizons. And also you're converging verticals. You're got a lot of sky to play with in shot 3. Perhaps taking the shot with the camera parallel to the ground, taking in more of the water and or foreground before cropping it out would help with your converging verticals on the mosque.

That form of perspective can be very powerful to emphasise height, especially by getting very close to the ground. The other way is to correct the converging minarets to true vertical. The slight lean you've got in shot 3 as a middle ground is something which I tend to try to avoid. Your opinion may vary though.