Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sale On Photoshop CS-6

Real Name
    Richard

Sale On Photoshop CS-6

I just ordered a full version of Photoshop CS-6 for $249.00 U.S. Dollars with free shipping from Hunts Photo and Video 800-221-1830. The price is $649.00 USD with a $400.00 USD instant savings.

The stipulation is that you must have a registered version of Lightroom or Photoshop Elements. This must be a full version; student and education versions do not qualify. Additionally, a newly purchased copy of Lightoom or Elements also doesn't qualify.

http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/de...w=yes&sp=qFVtr

This instant savings is good for Internet orders for 24 hours, through 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time, 8/28/12.

Although I like Photoshop Elements 10. I really like Photoshop CS-6 better. Among other things that I like better is the Photoshop CS-6 Content Aware Fill. I think that it is better than the Photoshop Elements Content Aware Fill Brush!

I am sure that Photoshop CS-6 will be replaced by a CS-7 version and that this is the reason it is on sale. However, CS-6 is just fine for me.

Re: Sale On Photoshop CS-6

I just received an invite to save $400.00 on CS6 plus a free DVD ($49.95 value) from Kelby Training on what's new in CS6 from B & H. Sounds like a great savings for some folks. Must be because I purchased LR through them.
    I have PSE10, LR4.1 and Nik Complete Collection and that will do me from now on. Shucks I still have not learned fully how to use any of the software that I have now. Plus I am still trying to learn more about my camera, so my table is full for now.
    A Great Deal for someone though.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I am sure that Photoshop CS-6 will be replaced by a CS-7 version and that this is the reason it is on sale.
    Actually no; CS6 was released about 5 months again; I expect that CS6.5 will be coming out in 2013 and CS7 in 2014.

Real Name
    Allan Short

This is just a thought, here the Student and Teacher copy is CS# extended which will give you lost of features like able to do 3D
    I had CS5 (student), I could upgrade to CS6 (standard) but not student (extended). So the version that they are selling maybe CS6 Standard, that is what I upgraded to as I did not need or think I will ever need to work in 3D.
    I could very well be wrong.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Brian

I got an offer on this from mpex.com today, though only good through 5PM, which was after I got home
    I'm still have the GIMP though!

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    I got an offer on this from mpex.com today, though only good through 5PM, which was after I got home
    I'm still have the GIMP though!
    Call them, they may work with you.

Real Name
    Brian

I'm conflicted, part of me wants photoshop, part of me wants to continue to buck the masses with the GIMP!
    GIMP is pretty darn good actually.

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    I'm conflicted, part of me wants photoshop, part of me wants to continue to buck the masses with the GIMP!
    GIMP is pretty darn good actually.
    I feel like it would just be too hard for me and thats a lot of money to find out the hard way. Plus I like what I have now and just need to learn how to use it better.

Real Name
    Ronny Geenen

Same here. Beside E9 I have also the bundle of Topazlabs and the stand alone photoFXlab and still learning.
    I have still a question. What can cs do more than the Topaz package?

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    What can cs do more than the Topaz package?
    Hi Ronny, I have both. I can do everything in PS that I do in the Topaz Bundle but the Topaz plug-ins make the job so much easier, faster, and more consistent. I couldn't work anywhere near as effectively without PS LAYERS, however. If I had to give one of the two up, I'd definately keep PS as I haven't found anything that it hasn't been able to do so I don't feel like I'm boxed in.

Real Name
    Brian

I <3 layers!

Real Name
    Richard

I have not yet received my copy of CS-6 which is scheduled to arrive within the next couple of days. I have, however, received a copy of Scott Kelby's book Photoshop CS-6 for Photographers (I love his books) frpm Amazon.com. I've skimmed through the book and I am very excited about working with CS-6 as it seems to have great potential!

Real Name
    Greg

Hi Richard,
    I'm the other way round. I have CS6 but haven't had much time to play with it yet and my copry of Scott Kelby's book should be here next week. Can't wait

Real Name
    Richard

I have the tracking number for the shipment of my Photoshop CS6. It should be at my house tomorrow. I can't wait either!

BTW: There is lots of good information regarding CS6 on YouTube. There are even some free Scott Kelby videos.