Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Another Solid Color Dog Pic -CAVE DOG-C&C welcome

Real Name
    Gretchen

Another Solid Color Dog Pic -CAVE DOG-C&C welcome

I used Trina's PSE method for filling in the red-eye and some post processing to get rid of the background and even out fur. Oscar likes being under the recliner when someone is sleeping. So far, he hasn't been bonked on the head with the footrest when the person wants to get up.

Another Solid Color Dog Pic -CAVE DOG-C&C welcome

Thanks for viewing!

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Another Solid Color Dog Pic -CAVE DOG-C&C welcome

Gretchen: you need to move the point of focusto between the eyes, moving away from the nose, sharp nose rest of image is soft. You may also want to try a f-stop with a greater depth of field.
    Nice looking poch though

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Gretchen

Ah, Allan, I see what you mean! Thanks. It's my on going challenge of taking decent pictures of my dogs. I need all the help I can get

Of course, Oscar thinks his nose is his best feature --he lives by it's directives.

Gretchen,
    What did you think of that technique, was it easier or harder? Tucker it always under the recliner or whatever chair I am sitting in lol.... Oscar looks so patient :> and sweet.

Real Name
    Gretchen

Hey Trina, It worked for the pupils really well. Sometimes I have to do the iris too, I have an elaborate series of steps for that as they often have gold and green specks in their eyes. I'd love an easier process for that too! The only thing I couldn't figure out on your process is how to adjust the opacity, but I just adjust the color instead.

Oscar is the only one that is so patient. Probably because he is so young, I'm training him early! Princess Dog looks once at the camera and walks away. She is always afraid I am going to use the flash. Old Man Dog post nicely last night, but we've been travelling and I haven't had a chance to work download those from the camera. I'm posting from the hotel room now, and don't know how much longer I'll be awake.

I made a little "studio" under one of our side tables with different kinds of blankets and clip-on light options. to see how the lighting would work. It's not Old Man Dog's favorite spot, so I may get better pictures of him in the future. He is the original "cave dog". LOL