Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Misty River

Real Name
    Patrik

Misty River

I visited some great rapids a few weeks ago and ao. tried to capture the mist and spray of the river. I like this photo as it evokes a soft magic to the roaring waters. Now there isn't any particular focus or sharpness and maybe it should have been cropped?
    I would be happy to have your C&C on this composition.
    Patrik

Misty River

Re: Misty River

For me, Patrik, the problem is with those out of focus plants in the foreground. Without them, I would see a greater 'depth' between foreground and skyline.

Real Name
    Patrik

Thanks Geoff, do you mean the two leaves on the right, to look like this ?

Misty River

Real Name
    Terri

I can't really speak for Geoff, but he may be talking about the reddish tall out of focus plants. The two leaves that you cropped out were probably also distracting but not as much as those other tall plants in the foreground that are out of focus.

Yes that is what concerned me, Terri. There is also one stem about 1/3 in from the left and rising from the bottom edge. But definitely those tall reddish leaves are the worst.

A little bit of snipping, if it was possible, before shooting would have made a lot of difference to a potentially excellent scene.

But I often find similar problems. Foliage which is 'in the wrong position' but out of reach, or too dangerous to remove before shooting.