Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fallen Trees, Early Morning

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Fallen Trees, Early Morning

Last June, I had a chance to get out on a small lake in the Adirondack Mountains of New York state. A friend and I were out very early in kayaks to capture the Sun rise. This is one of the photos that I took not long after sunrise. I printed the image on fine art paper and took it to get a mat cut today. Only later did I begin to wonder if this group would have suggestions for improving this image. So please don't hesitate to offer suggestions.

Fallen Trees, Early Morning

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Re: Fallen Trees, Early Morning

Love the image. I'm a complete sucker for natural arrangements of things. My only criticism is that both larger logs seem almost too smooth. I want them to have more texture and roughness. Because of the smoothness of the foreground log I initially had a hard time separating the log from the clear water on the lower right side.

Real Name
    Richard

I love the image as it is... But, it could also be cropped somewhere through the log near the bottom.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Nice Shot which well captures the early morning ambience. Agree with Richard re cropping. However as for more texture and roughness on semi submerged log? I live a good half a hemisphere away from where this was taken but that's how semi-submerged logs in rivers look to me under these conditions, and how I expect to see them, smooth, wet and slippery.