Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bee on Flower

Bee on Flower

Hope everyone likes this one.
    Bee on Flower

Real Name
    Ludwig Keck

Re: Bee on Flower

Welcome, StreamArtist, Nice photo, clean and sharp, but you will find that a lot of folks here, myself included, don't like overly aggressive watermarks. They detract from the viewing pleasure.
    Hope to see more of your work.

What is a good way to watermark?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Welcome, StreamArtist, Nice photo, clean and sharp, but you will find that a lot of folks here, myself included, don't like overly aggressive watermarks. They detract from the viewing pleasure.
    Hope to see more of your work.

Quote Originally Posted by StreamArtist View Post
    Zero watermarks work best for me. Just post fairly low resolution images and accept that while they may be passed around by other people they can't be used to produce larger high quality prints.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by StreamArtist View Post
    In a word; don't

However, if you are trying to earn a living by photography, that's probably not an acceptable answer.

If you're advertising yourself, it is clearly a fundamental need, but we're a learning site here at CiC and it isn't appropriate, or conducive to members critiqueing the shot, because any text on an image will distract from 'pure viewing pleasure'.

Sorry to be blunt - no offense intended.

I will say may I offer you a warm welcome to the CiC forums from me, I'm not normally like this, so I'll go feed myself, which may help and I'll let others chime in with more soothing replies

By the way, you will notice that (to be friendly), many of us use our real first names here, it helps if you edit your Profile and add this in the Real Name field, plus a rough 'whereabouts' in the Location field.

All the best,

Real Name
    Orlando

If you keep your photo's here in CIC, then they are too small for anyone to make a profit out of it. I sometimes keep them here and other times I link to my smugmug acct where I do watermark them. My watermarks are small and to a corner so they don't distract from the photo.