Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: August 23, 2012

Real Name
    randy

August 23, 2012

I set out today to photograph my day as I went about my route, my one requirement was sticking with my much maligned Tamron 18-270. I pretty much stayed on schedule up to the point my battery went dead. Gotta remember to charge it next time!!!!

Image 1, 9:11 AM- I have been trying to get this shot all summer, the location is only 2 blocks from my home.
    They have been nesting here for a couple of years, this is the first year that they have been successful.

Trumpeter Swan
    August 23, 2012

Image 2, 11:30 AM- I have pretty much ignored this subject up to this point, really a shame; I will have to try to fix that in the future!

Upper Mississippi River
    August 23, 2012

Image 3, 11:46 AM - There are several County roads leading from my doorstep leading into rural Wright County

Old Barn
    August 23, 2012

Image 4, 12:48 PM- Roughly due west of my home, one runs into a series of lakes, the eastern edge of mythical "Lake Woebegon"( Kudos to any who can tell me the reference that I allude to!). Also notable, this is the backyard of a very, very, very large Hall of Famer from this state

August 23, 2012

Image 5, 1:25 PM- This customer has some of the nicest landscaping on my route

Koi
    August 23, 2012

Image 6, 1:27 PM- Didn't have to move far for this image, the flower freak got the best of me!!

Water lily
    August 23, 2012

Image 7, 7:50 PM- After recharging battery, I managed to return to the vicinity of my origin to capture an angry sunset ( I mention angry, because the pictured thunderhead just became tornadic!!!)

Stormy night is predicted
    August 23, 2012

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: August 23, 2012

An excellent idea for a project. And it's produced good results.

Real Name
    randy

Thank you Donald. I have been somewhat corrupted from using the macro for such an extended period of time. I must say that this lens does not turn me on as much as when purchased. Images do not seem as sharp as I would like, but I will admit that these were all handheld ( tripod in car, at office). One of these days, maybe a 70-300 F/4 maybe in order.

Real Name
    Terri

I thoroughly enjoyed browsing through those with my morning coffee. I especially like the swan and the water lily.

Real Name
    Helen Wood

I really like the old barn. Maybe its just my monitor here at work but I find the greens in the Swan photo a bit overwhelming especially as the colour is strongly reflected in the water. HAve you considered desaturating the colour a bit even if only in the water portion?

Real Name
    randy

Quote Originally Posted by HMW12 View Post
    I really like the old barn. Maybe its just my monitor here at work but I find the greens in the Swan photo a bit overwhelming especially as the colour is strongly reflected in the water. HAve you considered desaturating the colour a bit even if only in the water portion?
    The problem is, it really is that green!!