Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Just before sunrise

Real Name
    Gary

Just before sunrise

As there has been a short spell of warm,sunny weather I decided to make an early start (5:30am!). Mainly I had in mind capturing the sunrise. But as I got there about 15mins. before that happened the scene was evolving. When I saw it I wanted to capture the layers of tones across the scene before the sun appeared. It's not the sharpest image but I think it evokes the beginning of the day. Comment/thoughts are always welcome.

(There are other images from the morning, follow the link below and look in 'Places')

Cheers for now

Gary

Just before sunrise

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Just before sunrise

All the elements in one shot. Dawn, mist, massive and beautiful landscape, animals. I really like it.

Real Name
    Gary

Thanks for your comments Bobo. Pleased to hear that you like it! It is a great time of the day to be up and about trying to get photos!

Cheers for now

Gary

Real Name
    Paul

A nice shot and well captures the mood of that time of day when the world starts to wake up and all is still peaceful.
    It is a great time for photography and most of my best shots come from that time of day. Often tough hauling my lazy ass out of bed but nearly always worth the effort. Tomorrow I'm lying in though ...

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Very nice Gary, as are many in Places - Gatton album.

You are definitely proof that it is the photographer, not the camera, that makes the image!

It is worth getting up early, isn't it?

Cheers,

Real Name
    Gary

Thanks Paul and David for your comments. In the first hour or so of the day it does seem to give so many opportunities within a short space of time to experience different aspects of how the light affects the subject. So, I agree it is worth getting up early. Traffic free roads as well!

Cheers for now

Gary