Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Seniors!

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Seniors!

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? Its been long since I posted here. Well actually, its been ages since I clicked a keeper. Don't know whats wrong with me
    Life is stuck between work & home.
    Anyways, yesterday on World Photography Day, we thought of spending the day at an old age home. It was a great fun. The 'young' old ones were very happy to see us and had sooo many stories to tell.. Some of them being very sad ones. To heck with the kids who abandon their parents when they are in utmost need.
    Anyways, here are two shots from yesterday. As always, C&C will be appreciated.

Seniors!

Seniors!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Seniors!

Sahil - I thought we'd lost you. Great to see you posting again. I think it must be married life that is taking up so much of your time!

Good images. I particularly like the second one. I think it is a very strong pose and the background works much better than that in the first one.

It is always both educational and great fun (and, I think, enjoyable for the older person) to sit down with people in situations such a these ladies and speak to them of their past and their history. Not only does it inform and educate us, but it also conveys to them that we are interested in their lives and that they are important people who have something valuable to share.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Hi Donald,
    Hope you are doing great.
    Well, no. I would not get away from this forum, for sure. I give credit to a large extent to this forum for making me reach where I have, in photography.

Thanks for liking the image & I agree for what you have said about the first one. I found the old lady in the first image very pretty. I have another pose of hers, which I guess would be preferred. Would work on it.

Yes, Donald. They did enjoy our company. All they need is a listening ear. & I guess all of us young photographers behaved pretty well there. We individually spent some time with them, then in groups. And yes, their knowledge & experience gave us a good learn-ability. There was an old man who was an Engineer & had done PhD in Russian, German & English. He gave a strong opinion about Indian politics.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Hi Sahil, you talk about these old folks have a story to tell, I can read a story in their faces. Great work and good on you for making their day a little more interesting. There is nothing like a face thats weathered and full of character to photograph

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Thanks, Wayne. The lady in first pic is bed ridden. She was so very happy to see her picture on the camera. She lifted her weak hands to touch the picture & feel it. It was an emotional scene.