Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Using smugmug.com to post images

Real Name
    Richard

Using smugmug.com to post images

I have been very happy with posting images by linking from my smugmug.com albums to CiC. However, basically smugmug can only upload JPEG and GIFF files. Smugmug will also resize files from the full size JPEGS as I upload to that program.

As I said, I have been very happy with this arrangement. However, I want to upload some tests such as comparing the Canon 300mm f/4L IS + 1.4x TC with an image from a 400mm f/5.6L lens; comparing images using a 1.4x TC on my 70-200mm f/4L IS with an image shot with a naked f/4L IS lens and cropped to the aspect of the image using the TC. I also want to upload some tests using my 90mm f/2.8 Tamron macro lens + 1.4x TC and extension tube.

If I upload full size JPEG images to smugmug and let smugmug resize them and then link from CiC to those images, will that be sufficient to show my tests?

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Using smugmug.com to post images

Richard,

If I understand what you are trying to do, I have done it numerous times with Smugmug. I have one gallery ("test shots") set so that viewers can see the full size image. I then post either the jpeg of the entire image or a cropped jpeg, whichever makes most sense, and tell people how to see the full-sized image on smugmug. To do that, they just have to click on a thumbnail to show the image in the right-hand window, double-click on it, and then choose "O" for the size from the menu above the image.

Will this work for you?

Dan

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Using smugmug.com to post images

Yes, I should have thought of viewing in full size. Thanks...