Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Shadows

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Shadows

All comments welcomed.

Shadows

Real Name
    Elayna

Re: Shadows

that's a cool idea!if you have photo shop or something you could crop it and make it more of a "hey look at the shadow the first thing i saw was the wall not the shadow hopefully this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    that's a cool idea!if you have photo shop or something you could crop it and make it more of a "hey look at the shadow the first thing i saw was the wall not the shadow hopefully this helps!!

I meant to call it shadows and shade. I want the viewer to see the entire picture.

Thanks

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by Karm Redland View Post
    I meant to call it shadows and shade. I want the viewer to see the entire picture.
    Absolutely terrific eye! Don't change a thing. This is a very compelling image exactly as it is. It's even got implied motion, making me wonder if the thing in the middle (probably a window) is moving to the left or to the right.

For what it's worth, I would call the image "Lines." To call it "Shadows and Shade" ignores the importance of the strong lines of the thing in the middle and how all other lines lead our eyes to them.

Great postprocessing to bring out the texture without overdoing it. Even the areas that don't have the luxury of side lighting show great texture that makes me want to reach out and touch it.

Congratulations again on a wonderful image!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Again, highly imaginative and creative work producing an image with big impact.

To be nit-picky: We could debate whether to crop at the left so as to put that strong vertical right on the left-hand third of a rule of thirds grid.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    We could debate whether to crop at the left so as to put that strong vertical right on the left-hand third of a rule of thirds grid.
    OK, I'll bite, ummm, debate. Everything about this image is imaginative. Placing anything on a rule-of-thirds grid would be less imaginative and, more important for me, less compelling. As I revisit this image, I continue to be rather amazed that everything in the center is placed almost exactly in the center, yet there is nothing static at all about the image. At least not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Again, highly imaginative and creative work producing an image with big impact.

To be nit-picky: We could debate whether to crop at the left so as to put that strong vertical right on the left-hand third of a rule of thirds grid.

Don't be afraid to be picky with me. One thing I've come to realize posting to this group is that my selection of when and where to crop is weak. I'll play with your suggestion.

Karm

I think the angle of the window and the upward slope of its shadow line gives the picture some movement.

What drew me to take this photo was how the four triangle like objects converged. If you allow yourself to stare blankly at where everything meets there are various mild optical illusions. I've noticed that when optical illusions are present, especially when they are not obvious, it adds something interesting to the image.

I hope I don't sound like I'm completely full of **** but that's what I think.