Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Posts

I am trying to post again and hope to make it here for critics.
    (Moment before a Geysir bursts in Iceland)
    Thanks in advance
    tniu
    Last edited by tniu; 14th August 2012 at 08:41 PM.

Re: Posts

I can't see any photos.

If you are having problems uploading images have a read of this

HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

Thanks for the link for instruction.
    If you have chance please critic.

thanks
    tniu

It seems to me, Tniu, that you have a number of potential problems with this scene; ignoring the camera settings which seem reasonable.

There is a bright sky followed by a dark band of background then the main action. And it gets a little confusing about what is the main subject. Particularly with that group of people on the left.

I think I would try cropping away part of the left side to remove most of the people. Then clone out those who remain.

Which should place the important bit around one third of the distance from the left edge, gradually fading towards the right.

This would probably leave you with a 5 x 4 ratio image. Alternatively, you could probably lose a bit of the foreground and keep the same ratio. I would want to experiment with a few different options then decide which looks best.

I suspect something around these crop options would have more impact from the intended subject.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Nice catch, how many times did you try to get the bubble, I see that it is just starting to break. First time there we spend about an hour or more trying, good sky like you have that was last year. This year spent about 30 minutes, terrible sky grey and flat, looks like you had better weather. The name of that geysir is Strokkur. Again nice catch very hard to get.

Cheers:

Allan