Thread: Chicago

Real Name
    Korey

Chicago Far Distent & Close

Here's some Chicago pictures from my last trip.
    all taken with the EF S 18-55 kit lens.
    I like the first two but the last one has some issues. What should I be focussing on in the last picture, the people maybe? Also, what other issues do you see with it?

1 Far
    Chicago

3 Distent
    Chicago

4 Close
    Chicago
    Chicago
    Last edited by korey; 11th August 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Chicago

Korey: too many to C&C on, please pick one or two, then in a day or so post another couple, do love a couple of them, now you can guess which ones. Have not done this but you maybe able to edit your post by way of removing of some and leaving only those you want as one of them you have already posted before.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Korey,

That's quite a series of images.

Were you looking for feedback?
    If so, can I point you at this thread with some advice on getting the most from the experience.
    How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

If you are, it would also be worth separating each with a couple of carriage returns and adding numbers so respondents can easily refer to them.

EDIT I see Allan has also made the point about there being really too many to comment on all.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Korey

Thanks for that helpful info. I just fixed the post.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    I'm having trouble, How do you delete a reply?
    Click Edit Post, then there's a button between the Go Advanced and Cancel options.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Korey: it was the lighthouse and the last one, for me almost any image with a lighthouse is a keeper, and I love that long tower I may have cropped the top off some down to get rid of that big blowen our white spot. I do not feel that cropping it out would lessen the image as it would give a sense of it still going higher.
    Now for these really like the second one best and the third one, the first one is not grabbing me, I like on a farm most of my life so I saw it all the time. One thing you might due to the images is a little edit>transform (you select the method best for you, I tend to use wrap) to help remove the slant of the building. Now it takes a lot of trial and error, it is a great skill to learn, if you like, and I think you do, shooting architecture (building and cityscapes) and really needed for any indoor shots. Some will say to take a 3 to 5 shot pan inside then just crop, it really does not completely work. If you look up the thread "Post Dark Photos", in one of them you will see the inside of a dark church that has blue in it, that was a 3 shot pan, that I still had to pull and twist. You have a very good eye. Will look for more.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Korey

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    One thing you might due to the images is a little edit>transform (you select the method best for you, I tend to use wrap) to help remove the slant of the building. Now it takes a lot of trial and error, it is a great skill to learn, if you like, and I think you do, shooting architecture (building and cityscapes) and really needed for any indoor shots.
    Cool, I just tried that out and here's a sample. I think it looks better
    Chicago