Thread: Plumeria

Real Name
    David

Plumeria

Plumeria taken on Maui, HI last fall. My first post...gotta start somewhere. I took this with an Olympus P&S.

Plumeria

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Plumeria

Lots of potential, David. If you can take shots like this, I'm imagining what you can do with a better DSLR on hand. Nice work. Keep on shooting!

Real Name
    Gretchen

I really like the detail you captured on the petals. I might try cropping it severely to highlight the clumping to the center right to highlight those awesome details. Beautiful colors!

Real Name
    Sharon

lovely and fresh.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi David,

I really like this, excellent DoF - then I saw you shot it with a P&S - that explains it.

There are some subjects, and this is one of them, where a small sensor camera is the right tool to use, you would probably have to focus stack to replicate this with a DSLR a lot more work for NO discernable improvement in a finished picture (if you're skilled enough with the P&S, as you seem to be).

I now have 3 cameras, and use which ever is right for the job, not just the DSLR because that is "best" - so don't get rid of the Olympus, eh?

The red channel is slightly clipped; a half to one stop less exposure would have been even better.
    Shooting sunlit flowers is tricky, especially if the P&S isn't blessed with RAW capability and an RGB histogram to check at the time.

But I still like it.

Cheers,

Maybe moving very fractionally to the right to completely show the right hand petal and a slight crop of the top and left side would be perfection. But an excellent shot all the same.

Real Name
    David

Thanks to all of you for your input. I really appreciate it, and will take all your suggestions to heart...a continuing process of learning. Thanks again, everyone. It's great being part of such a nice group of people.

Real Name
    Gretchen

being me, I'd crop in it even tighter around the center-right grouping. It would be tough losing the budding flower to the left, but those details on the full blooms are awesome. I like the crop you did tho. It helps to draw attention to the blooms.