Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My first attempt at posting...my dog Tessa!

Real Name
    David

My first attempt at posting...my dog Tessa!

I hope this works...just wanted to share a pic of my doggie, Tessa..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: My first attempt at posting...my dog Tessa!

Nearly, David.

You've got the thumbnail there. Now you just need the final step to embed it into your post.

If you haven't already done so, have a read of HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?. This will guide you through exactly what you need to do.

Real Name
    David

Here goes...hope this one works better.

My first attempt at posting...my dog Tessa!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Beautiful dog, David. It's probably not particularly easy to pose Tessa, but you'll get much more satisfying images if you at least try to control the background so there aren't any distracting elements such as the bright red car. When she is looking to the right or left, try composing the image so she has lots of space to look into rather than placing her head in the center of the image.

Tessa is a worthy model, so much so that it's well worth the trouble to do whatever you can to get some really terrific images of her.

Real Name
    Helen Wood

What a pretty girl. What breed is she?

Real Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Beautiful dog, David. It's probably not particularly easy to pose Tessa, but you'll get much more satisfying images if you at least try to control the background so there aren't any distracting elements such as the bright red car. When she is looking to the right or left, try composing the image so she has lots of space to look into rather than placing her head in the center of the image.

Tessa is a worthy model, so much so that it's well worth the trouble to do whatever you can to get some really terrific images of her.
    Hi Mike,
    Thank you for your input. I have to agree with you about the background...I knew it was not the best setting, but I wanted to get a quick shot of her while she was intently watching for "mom" to come home from work. Tessa can be cooperative at times and pose nicely, but she does have a mind of her own. Thanks again, Mike.

Real Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by HMW12 View Post
    What a pretty girl. What breed is she?
    Thank you! I am somewhat ashamed to say I am not really sure what breed she is. My girlfriend's daughter got Tessa from the pound, but after a year, could not keep her any longer. So her mom and I now have her. She is such a joy to have around. We have been told she is part Chow and part Shiba Inu, but we are not sure. She has the bluish tongue, so that probably confirms the Chow. She so much resembles a Carolina Dog, and her personalitly is much like what I have read. I hope to get a DNA test done to better define her, but just haven't done that yet. Thank you so much for your comments.

Real Name
    Richard

What a handsome dog! I agree with the comments about the background. How much does Tessa weight?

Real Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    What a handsome dog! I agree with the comments about the background. How much does Tessa weight?
    Hi Richard,
    And thank you! Tessa weighs about 65 lbs now. She was 4 yrs old on July 4th...a little firecracker pooch. I knew the background would be distracting, but I wanted the shot, and since Tessa is not one to stay still very long, I went for it.

I love your quote about changing a dog's life, by the way. Tessa was gotten from the San Francisco pound. One could not want a sweeter dog than she is.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomadavid View Post
    I knew the background would be distracting, but I wanted the shot, and since Tessa is not one to stay still very long, I went for it.
    Hi David,

No one would argue against taking this as a first shot, but if you can immediately follow up with one taken after you have moved yourself a couple of feet to your left, but in an arc around Tessa to maintain subject distance and hence perspective, then you might have got it without the car.

At least then you can say you tried
    (perhaps you did)

To show how much I know about dogs; Tessa looks like a golden retriever coloured Alsatian to me

Welcome to the CiC forums from ...