Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Simplicity

Real Name
    Myra

Simplicity

I've been trying different styles and processing techniques this summer. Like my gliders, I wanted to go for something simple and summery here. I know there is not a lot of space left in front of the first bird; that was deliberate.

Comment/c&c always welcome.

Simplicity
    947Z2929 Gull by M.J. Hencher, on Flickr

Simplicity
    947Z2905 Gull 2 by M.J. Hencher, on Flickr

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Simplicity

I was just writing about simplicity in the latest thread that I started, here (to which I see, Myra, you have just replied - thank you).

I think you have executed that concept wonderfully well in both of these images. They are, to put it simply, delightful creations to just sit and stare at. And, which some others may not agree with, there is just so much to look at and see.

Lovely stuff.

Real Name
    Myra

Re: Simplicity

Thanks, Donald. I noticed we were on a similar wave length There were dozens of gulls wheeling overhead when we stopped to take photos of a lighthouse about forty miles west from home. I just pointed up, focussed on one gull each time and shot off about ten pictures. With such a long winter season, I am just so thrilled with our weather this summer. The blue is blue, the green is green and the waterways are just sparkling. Kind of like the sleek lines of a sports car, I wanted to capture the clean lines of summer. Make sense?