Thread: Continuous Ink Systems

Real Name
    Steve

Continuous Ink Systems

As I am doing a lot of printing these days, it is costing me a small fortune in Ink.

I am therefore looking at a Continuous Ink system for my R2400 Epson. My research has lead me to favour the Fotospeed or Lyson/Marrutt systems.

Does anyone have any feedback on either of these systems...positive and/or negative experiences...and on the quality of the inks (I have always used genuine Epson cartridges on my R2400)

Thanks

Steve

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Continuous Ink Systems

I'm using Fotospeed on my R2400. The quality of the inks is excellent and archivally guaranteed for pretty much the same period as the Epson inks. Comparing two prints, one done with Epson inks and one done with Fotospeed there is a slight difference but if you didn't know which ink was which you'd have a really hard time guessing. Certainly a lot less expensive than Epson and the company itself is really high on my list for customer support. I also use their paper which I find excellent and the last time I ordered some Hahnemuhl paper for my A4 portfolio I asked if they wouldn't mind 'throwing in a sheet or two' for profiling - this was no problem at all. Oh yes - for most if not all of their fine art papers they offer a profiling service. They send you a profiling target - you print it and send it back to them and they send you an ICC profile for that particular paper on your particular printer. Honestly can't fault them, technical support and advice always forthcoming and they even offered to send me a bottle of cleaner to clean my print heads. Fortunately I had a bottle of 'Mr Muscle' cleaner already so no problem. Only problem I have is that because I rarely print nowadays (once every few months unless I have an exhibition) I do get blocked jets. Very easily cleaned on the R2400 though.
    Recommended and a lot nicer to deal with than Epson.

Real Name
    Steve

Many thanks Paul...very helpful

Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by stevecurrie View Post
    As I am doing a lot of printing these days, it is costing me a small fortune in Ink.

I am therefore looking at a Continuous Ink system for my R2400 Epson. My research has lead me to favour the Fotospeed or Lyson/Marrutt systems.

Does anyone have any feedback on either of these systems...positive and/or negative experiences...and on the quality of the inks (I have always used genuine Epson cartridges on my R2400)

Thanks

Steve
    I have just bought a Lyson/Marutt system for my R3000. I haven't started using it yet. I'll let you know how it goes. L know Colin was uisng Lyson inks for a while ans he seemed happy with them.

Real Name
    Steve

Cheers Mark....I look forward to your feedback

Real Name
    Steve

@ Mark

Have you tried out your new CIS yet....which inkset did you go for, the Lyson or the Marrutt?