Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Birds...Florida Wetlands

Real Name
    Joe

Birds...Florida Wetlands

I shot these yesterday at two wetland preserves in central Florida. Instead of just showing the bird in a species shot I have tried to show more of the environment that the brids live in. C&C welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

This image shows a Wood Stork, Great Egrets, Roseate Spoonbills, White Ibis and Glossy Ibis.

Birds...Florida Wetlands

This image shows a Black-necked Stilt.

Birds...Florida Wetlands

This image shows a Wood Stork.

Birds...Florida Wetlands

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Birds...Florida Wetlands

Excellent as usual. I like 2, 3, 1.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

I like your images, Joe. They may benefit from cropping and yet still meet your goal of showing the environment.

In the top photo, there are three rows of grasses. Try cropping off the top two and see if you have enough of the environment. Those grasses are somewhat distracting as is the bird at the top.

In the middle photo, if you were to crop off a lot of the top and left side and a little bit of the right side, you might find the image is just as informative. The water and plant life are uniform across the image and losing some of that to get more of the bird may be helpful - or not.

In the bottom photo, I would try cropping off a little of the bottom and the top part where the rougher water begins. Those elements are somewhat distracting. By leaving some of the foreground mud, you still show the environment and how close to the shoreline the bird is standing.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Excellent as usual. I like 2, 3, 1.
    Thanks Bobo, I appreciate your comment and taking time to view.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Curtis View Post
    I like your images, Joe. They may benefit from cropping and yet still meet your goal of showing the environment.

In the top photo, there are three rows of grasses. Try cropping off the top two and see if you have enough of the environment. Those grasses are somewhat distracting as is the bird at the top.

In the middle photo, if you were to crop off a lot of the top and left side and a little bit of the right side, you might find the image is just as informative. The water and plant life are uniform across the image and losing some of that to get more of the bird may be helpful - or not.

In the bottom photo, I would try cropping off a little of the bottom and the top part where the rougher water begins. Those elements are somewhat distracting. By leaving some of the foreground mud, you still show the environment and how close to the shoreline the bird is standing.
    Hello Ken, thanks for taking time to view and comment. I have processed other versions cropped as you describe using the ability to create a virtual copy to edit differently in Lightroom 4.

Real Name
    Gretchen

I agree, cropping would help focus attention on these beautiful birds! Your shots are just lovely.