Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Le pont d'or/The Golden Bridge.

Real Name
    Louise

Le pont d'or/The Golden Bridge.

The locals call this "le pont d'or"/The golden Bridge. This is where I grew up and that was the best thing I remember from my childhood, that is, the most beatifull sunsets. The Saint-Laurence River is 14 miles wide here and when the fog lifts, and when the clouds open up, and when the wind dies down, you get this bridge of light on the water. The colours are always so unreal. I think it would translate also well in black and white.
    There I was at low tide, in the much,half an hour early as to not miss anything, swatting the bugs,(bug spray still in the car up on the shore)waiting for the sun to do its thing. Your comments would be appreciated as it is the first time I actually take a picture of it. Would there be ways to improuve it. I crop to form a horizontal landscape, sharpened, remouved a little stray cloud. Macro lens 100mm,f2.8,ISO200,1/400sec.Le pont d'or/The Golden Bridge.

Re: Le pont d'or/The Golden Bridge.

That works reasonably well, Louise.

If possible, I would have liked to see a little bit more water, with the reflected sunlight. And I think I would try a tiny bit more brightness; but use an Adjustment Layer plus mask to avoid making the sun any brighter.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Lovely sunset Louise, nicely captured. Très bon !!

Dave

Real Name
    Louise

Thank you Geoff and Dave. At low tide, the front part was pretty mucky, I shall try to briten it a bit, good point.