Thread: B&W conversions #3 ... end of series

Real Name
    Ken Outch

B&W conversions #3 ... end of series

Interested in any feed back as to the effectiveness of the montone render in further bringing out the interplay of sun light and shadows on the hills. Thanks for viewing.

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: B&W conversions #3 ... end of series

Ken,

I am by far not a B&W expert, so take this for what it is worth... but of the series, I think this is the best of the three. I think the other two had a bit too much space devoted to sky. Normally that would be good for balance, but the other two had fairly featureless skies that didn't contribute anything to the scene. I have a similar problem in a recent post to my P52 thread - I have a photo of a giraffe which is very nice, but because it is so tall, I ended up with a large expanse of empty featureless sky. I feel the accompanying zebra photo that has almost no sky provides a much nicer background.

Like I said though, I'm not a B&W expert, so hopefully those who are will provide more useful info...

- Bill

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Re: B&W conversions #3 ... end of series

Thank you for your comment Bill. You are spot on and in fact Ryo made the same point in post #1 and actually posted an improved update which had detail in the sky.
    K