Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My (Landscape) Photobook

My (Landscape) Photobook

Hi All,
    Recently I printed a photobook (coffee table book) with some of my Landscape photos, Please see it online at http://www.mypublisher.com/bookshelf...xWQ9kF9Cur4jWH

This is my very first attempt to make a photo book so the formatting may not be that great but ok
    I named the book as "TRUE COLOR" (Truecolor is a method of representing and storing graphical image information in 24 bit)
    Please comment.

Thanks
    Ajith Rajeswari

Re: My (Landscape) Photobook

nice pics... really cool..

have u made one physcially? how does it look in person?

Very nice content. I am not struck on the left/right, bottom/top orientations on opposite leaves. I composed one of these books using iPhoto Books for a wedding anniversary present. I got the 98 page book back from Apple (US shipped to UK) in 4 days. Good quality binding in cloth and excellent 'coffee table' book quality paper. I as very pleased with it. So was WireVixen

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbythebeach View Post
    nice pics... really cool..

have u made one physcially? how does it look in person?
    Thanks .. www.mypublisher.com has a software where you can configure all the photos, format and print, did this through them.

Ajith

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Very nice content. I am not struck on the left/right, bottom/top orientations on opposite leaves. I composed one of these books using iPhoto Books for a wedding anniversary present. I got the 98 page book back from Apple (US shipped to UK) in 4 days. Good quality binding in cloth and excellent 'coffee table' book quality paper. I as very pleased with it. So was WireVixen

Thanks WifeFox, I was so excited to get it printed so I was a less concerned about formatting and more on pushing more content but now I regret that .
    After getting it printed I learned that formatting is very important, but anyway it was my first and I learned something from this .
    "True Color Vol.2 " will be much better .

Regards
    Ajith

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Ajith,

Sorry I've not reponded before, it does look good, well done.

Steve picked up on the only point I would have raised, so I'll eagerly await "True Colour Vol.2", say in about 6 months?

Got me thinking that when I have finished processing all my recent Tenerife Birds pics, that might make a good subject for my first one - so thanks for the idea.

Cheers,

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by ajith.rajeswari View Post
    Hi All,
    Recently I printed a photobook (coffee table book) with some of my Landscape photos, Please see it online at http://www.mypublisher.com/bookshelf...xWQ9kF9Cur4jWH

This is my very first attempt to make a photo book so the formatting may not be that great but ok
    I named the book as "TRUE COLOR" (Truecolor is a method of representing and storing graphical image information in 24 bit)
    Please comment.

Thanks
    Ajith Rajeswari
    Hello Ajith !
    I made several books from Blurb and they are OK.
    I have never tried mypublisher so far.
    Now with Blurb we can use pdf files what can be an advantage.

I have seen that in your book you have images where - to see them correctly - you have to turn the book 90 degrees. Strange. Couldn't you have changed that ?

I wish you much success to your book.

Real Name
    Daniel

it's really good. The only thing, there are 4 pictures that are placed vertically, which I would place more horizontally. The position makes you turn your neck into a not so comfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Ajith,

Sorry I've not reponded before, it does look good, well done.

Steve picked up on the only point I would have raised, so I'll eagerly await "True Colour Vol.2", say in about 6 months?

Got me thinking that when I have finished processing all my recent Tenerife Birds pics, that might make a good subject for my first one - so thanks for the idea.

Cheers,
    Thanks Dave.
    Yes, I think I can shoot enough "good" pics in the next 6 months for "True Color Vol.2"

Expecting "WildLife" or "Birds" volume 1 from you shortly

~Ajith

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    Hello Ajith !
    I made several books from Blurb and they are OK.
    I have never tried mypublisher so far.
    Now with Blurb we can use pdf files what can be an advantage.

I have seen that in your book you have images where - to see them correctly - you have to turn the book 90 degrees. Strange. Couldn't you have changed that ?

I wish you much success to your book.

Thanks Antonio for the links and comments.
    I think you should try "mypublisher.com" some time in future , I loved it, the site even have a forum for detailed discussion as well as a book sharing section for getting some reviews.

I regret the "90' " formatting . I'll be careful next time

~Ajith

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Salazar View Post
    it's really good. The only thing, there are 4 pictures that are placed vertically, which I would place more horizontally. The position makes you turn your neck into a not so comfortable position.
    Thanks for your comments Daniel.
    Will be careful on formatting for "True Color Vol.2"

~Ajith

Real Name
    Richard

For Ajith...

I have noticed that there are many photo book printers, including a printer who works through Costco Discount Stores.

What format did you send your images to mypublisher.com? I would prefer sending other than JPEG? (I just received an email from mypublisher.com and they want JPEG images). Additionally, can you crop the images to the sizes you desire (apparently according to the email - you can crop ad size the photos as long as you don't go over the maximum sizes for the page layout) or does the program do the cropping for you? Finally, what in your opinion is the final quality of the imagery from mypublisher?

For Antonio,

I like the idea of being able to send my images to the publisher in PDF files. The only problem for me is that BLURB seems to be a Portuguese company. I would prefer a U.S. company due to shipping costs... Can you crop your images exactly to the size and dimensions you desire when using BLURB?

Thanks
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 14th August 2010 at 03:43 AM.

Real Name
    John

Very good display, variety, and quality. I can see where Steve has an issue with the orientation of the photos and that is why every photographer should have more than one display/portfolio.

Real Name
    Steve

Are you by any chance a professional photographer, you see I noticed you get around a bit and take very dramatic shots in difficult conditions. Spose I better start looking through thousands of my photo's to see if I can find twenty or so for a photo book but there is always something wrong with mine.

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    ... For Antonio, I like the idea of being able to send my images to the publisher in PDF files. The only problem for me is that BLURB seems to be a Portuguese company. I would prefer a U.S. company due to shipping costs... Can you crop your images exactly to the size and dimensions you desire when using BLURB? Thanks
    No Richard. Blurb is not Portuguese and I really don't know where it is from.
    In fact, when I say so, I assume that it can be Portuguese but I am almost sure it is not because it is connected with Smugmug.

Curious that the 4 or 5 books I have from them came from England, Holland and New Zealand. Yes. New Zealand.
    I was very astonished because of the distance but the tracks were in the parcel or some where else.

I have been lazy and I have not yet done a book from India 2009 but I hope to do it sooner or later. Any way I would like to try something better.
    More professional so to speak.

I read some where - yesterday I think - that Steve (Wirefox) had done a book from iPhoto Books and since I am a Mac fan...

Blurb gives the possibility of selling books on line. Perhaps iPhoto also does, but I hope to be able to make a presentation book with an exposition to be held in a Golf Club in Setúbal of my travel to India 2009. Have to think it over and work a bit more.

Real Name
    Nikki

That is absolutely wonder I loved each page. It is a definite True Color experience. The photo details beckoned you to come in.

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Hello Steve How's the quality of the book from iPhoto ?
    They seem to work only in inches but perhaps I am wrong and they worka also in centimeters

Real Name
    Steve