Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Close up fungus

Real Name
    David

Close up fungus

My first attempt at a close up. Done hand held using the close up selection on my Olympus E510. Still very much learning so thoughts and comments invited.

Close up fungus

Real Name
    John

Re: Close up fungus

Hi David,
    For a first attempt at a close-up, I think you have done reasonably good job, particularly as it was hand-held.
    As for C&C, the fungus is very central in the frame; personally I would have liked to have seen it off-set and placed in a less central position.
    Did you take any other shots; ‘directly above looking down’ onto the fungus or was it possible to take a shot at a very low angle so you were looking up at the fungus (very hard I know as they are so low to the ground).
    This shot has given me an idea; I’m going to try and take a similar shot using a mirror placed at an angle under a fungus and then try shooting the reflected image (which will be the underneath of the fungus). This might not work out well but it’s an idea worth pursuing.
    Many thanks for sharing.

Real Name
    David

Re: Close up fungus

Thanks John, some interesting ideas there. I very usually photograph street scenes and so this was something out of the ordinary for me. As it was I just lay down outside my house and took a couple of shots, though from similar angles. Thanks again for the comment, always appreciated.