Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Loch Lomond Morning #3

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Loch Lomond Morning #3

Hot on the heels of my first displays of trying to use the Vari ND filter, here is the first of a series I made on the Sunday morning during my recent weekend on the shores of Loch Lomond. The cloud and mist had come down and the atmosphere was very different to that on the Friday and Saturday.

Given that this was my first serious outing with the Vari ND, I wanted to continue practicing to see if I could make decent images with it.

So I spent the morning experimenting.

Maybe this one is a bit too minimalist. The southern end of Loch Lomond is dotted with a series of small islands. This is one of them. You can see others behind, to the right and to the left. You'll see that the hills that lie behind, as in the images in the thread linked to above, are lost in the mist.

I liked how the sky and the water worked out.

I'd welcome your views.

Loch Lomond Morning #3
    Canon 40D, EF 24-70 f2.8 L @ 42mm. ISO100. 22s @f22. Singh Ray Vari ND

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Loch Lomond Morning #3

Another very nice image donald. Just a touch of detail in the water and the soft light adding some beautiful highlights and shadows.(adds alot of depth to the photo) Keep them coming, i'm enjoying these!!

Real Name
    Jon

once again a beautiful image. "Too minimalist"?...I don't think so, it keeps my attention. Keep them coming...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Thank you guys. I was sort-of questioning myself about it and was allowing some doubt to come in to my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    ....... and the soft light adding some beautiful highlights and shadows.
    It's obviously dependent on the lighting at the time, but this is what I'm beginning to see as one of the real opportunities with the filter.