Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heartfelt compliments to C in C staff and members

Real Name
    Scott

Heartfelt compliments to C in C staff and members

I follow multiple camera sites, and I have login status on 4. I can say without any doubt that THIS site (C in C) is the most welcoming to beginners, and the most generous in freely given advice, that I have ever seen anywhere.

To prove what I say, this is the only site I have felt welcome and comfortable enough to actually post photos. I plan to post more.

Thanks to the site and the mods for making this site a very valuable resource and a nice home for sincere, civil, and non-flaming photorgaphy enthusiasts!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Heartfelt compliments to C in C staff and members

That's great to hear, Scott. It's certainly the reason why I've stuck around and, in fact, this is the only forum that I view and/or take part in.

I am always amazed when people comment about how unhelpful, or rude or just off-hand some people can be on forums. But then again, there are a lot of funny people out there. If CiC ever developed into that sort of thing (which I'm confident it won't), then I'd be off. As it is I find it as useful, informative and constructive ... and fun ... as when I first joined.

Real Name
    John

Scott,
    That’s great to hear; I feel the same way too.
    If anybody tried to disrupt the karma and sincerity of this site, I am sure our Mods. would politely guide them back on course or maybe; as a last resort, ask them to leave.
    Even the harshest criticism can be conveyed to the recipient in a constructive and polite manner, it only takes a little thought.
    Long may CiC continue.
    P.S to our Mods. On behalf of everyone, many thanks for the work you all put in keeping this site running it is appreciated.

Real Name
    Mark

Scott

I'll endorse your comments. As a beginner a few years back I found everyone on this site more than helpful.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

As a recent newcomer to CiC, I'm absolutely thrilled with everything going on in the forum. I have yet to see even one mildly objectionable post. I also like that the site and users' attitudes here are brand-agnostic, and that's true not just with regard to brands of camera systems but also brands of accessories and software.

We can't ever thank the admin and moderators enough, but we sure can try.

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

Agreed, this is the finest forum i have seen, and the only one, like donald, i stay and par-take in.

Real Name
    Brian

Me too, an ace place!

I am going to chime in here too, I have visited a few and one even lurked for a year but never felt comfortable enough to post. When I came here it felt like home and I think I posted a picture the first day... Thank you to the Mods. and admin. for providing such a comfortable place to learn, and to all the members that give so freely of their thoughts and advice....Wonderful place!

Real Name
    Christina

Yes, indeed it's a wonderful, welcoming forum full of supportive, knowledgeable and photographers who go above and beyond to help others learn.

As a new, still learning photographer, who lives in a small town with limited resources at hand I'm delighted that I found this forum, and I hope that one day, I will be able to reciprocate and advise others as they have advised me.

Thank you.

Real Name
    Helen Wood

Agree with all that has been said. I am continually amazed by how much time and effort the more knowledgeable photographers put in to help those like me who are just starting out. Big thank-you to all.

Real Name
    Bruce

I agree with all of the above. Having very belatedly moved from film to the world of digital photography, I've found CiC to be a wonderful resource and a friendly online community.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

The level of discourse on this site is a credit to the admins, moderators and the frequent posters. As a group CIC consistently gives great advice and friendly interaction. Lastly, the degree of technical expertise is quite breath taking. There is advice on every aspect of photography, at every level, from basic camera and lens selection for people just starting out to considered opinions on the physics of light and sensors. Sometimes within the same posting thread.

I don't post as often as I should to hold up my end of the conversation. Just thought I would chime in to thank all the hardworking people who DO post and make this site what it is. This is the only community site I read or post to. I only hope the site goes on at this quality for ever.

Real Name
    Bob

Hello all of you wonderful sharing people,

Reading your comments about CIC has made me realize that I've got to become more involved in trying to help others, which will in turn help me.

This I promise to the CIC community. It may not be much, but it will be something.

Bob

Real Name
    Ted

Just about the best site in terms of etiquette and shared knowledge.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

CiC is the only forum I frequent too - no time for any others and besides; why look elsewhere when you already have the best there is.

CiC is far more than just what the mods and admins can achieve by themselves, fortunately we have many regular, generous posters and it seems good behaviour is contagious and everyone does their bit to make the place what it is.

As Donald said above, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't like this, so we are just as grateful to you all, as you are to us

So; thank you

Real Name
    Dave

I just want to add my two pennyworth as another new member. I've also lurked on a few sites, but again this is the first time that I've posted anywhere. I really appreciate the feedback and encouragement.

Thanks to everyone, and especially the moderators.

I agree wholeheartedly with what everyone else has said here. I happened upon this site a few years back when researching perspective control (shift/tilt) lenses, before committing to a major monetary investment in a very expensive piece of glass. I found the tutorial on those lenses so helpful that I returned to it again and again, both before and after I actually purchased the lens in question.

It's great to see that the people here really do understand that everyone they meet probably knows something most other people don't; and that a community such as this one which shares its knowledge freely enriches everyone who participates.

Real Name
    Dave

I'm in total agreement with the above views.

Including CiC, I use three photographic forums. On both of the other two there is a tendency for some posters to drift off the subject but of greater concern, on one forum in particular, there are contributors who seem unable to disagree or correct an earlier incorrect comment without descending into abuse. This is something I have never seen on CiC.

The very good standard of behaviour here contributes, I think, to members being both more likely to post images and also accept criticism of their work. I know that if I post a poor quality shot I'll be told it is not good by someone who wants to help and not someone who simply wants to score points by telling me what a bad photo I have taken.

I also like the international nature of CiC; it provides a mix of different views and interests and fairly frequently I have used the Internet to find out a bit more about a shot of somewhere half way across the globe from me, which otherwise I would never have seen.

Considering there are members whose first language is not English I'm impressed by the standard of written English on the forum. At times I am embarrassed by posts I have seen on other sites.

Dave

I also agree with all the above statements. This is the only photography forum that I am logged on to and I feel at home here. I have learned so much from the wonderful folks here. One day I hope to be able to pass on more of what I have learned. I really enjoy seeing all the different places around the world and never leave home. Thanks to all of you who make up this great place called CiC.

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

I think what makes this site stand out from all others, is the fact that the community here is genuinely welcoming towards newcomers to photography and does it with no hint of condescension. The behavior on some other sites is deplorable at times, and I've never understood it.

I love the fact that we've become truly international too. Great to see pictures coming in from all over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast