Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Machu Picchu

Real Name
    Mort

Machu Picchu

Just back from Peru, where a pre-dawn climb to the Sun Gate, revealed this view as the fog broke.

Machu Picchu

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Machu Picchu

I think the greatest challenge is to get a 'different' image; i.e. your own picture, from something that is so world famous and has been photographed so much. This is a very good attempt at that. I certainly haven't seen a similar sort of image of the site before. That's a good bit of work.

By the way Mort, so that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    Dave

Yes, it is a good image - and especially full marks for trekking up there to be able to take the shot.

(I just had a look at my own (20 year old, pre-digital) shots and they are mostly the "standard" brochure pictures, nothing like yours. It's a good walk up to the top of Juana Pichu, too, but hard to get a good shot from up there).

Real Name
    Mort

Thanks for the comments & suggestions. I have edited my profile as you recommended.