Thread: Bringing In the Sheaves

Real Name
    Wendy

Bringing In the Sheaves

I wish I could have gotten a bit closer for these shots, quality is not that good but I like the content. The second one is my favourite. C&C welcome, but my apologies if I cannot get back right away to reply.

Bringing In the Sheaves
    untitled-0861 by Wendy FS, on Flickr

Bringing In the Sheaves
    untitled-0866 by Wendy FS, on Flickr

Bringing In the Sheaves
    untitled-0916 by Wendy FS, on Flickr

Wendy

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Bringing In the Sheaves

The leading line of the fence, the wagon at the top of the otherwise nearly clean horizon, the active position of the guy holding the reins, and the muted tones (lack of contrast) make the second one really special for me.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Wendy: one of the nice things about living end your neck of the country is you can go out and shot an image that could have been taken about early 1900 all the way up to around early 50's, yet it was only a couple of hours ago for you. I remember that as we had a team and a binde,r I was about 4 maybe 5 then, it was the last year that we used the team before having a combine come in to do it. lovely image Wendy

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Wendy

It's wonderful to see your images again.

I love your composition on that first one. Everything in that image just works, particularly the fact that you've got it just as a fork full of straw is being lifted up onto the cart. Glorious.

I think the fence line in second one is great, but the horses being side on doesn't work so well.

Real Name
    Helen Wood

For me the third is my favourite - suggests the end of a long hard day with the full load and the horses that seem to be hurrying home for dinner. With the cloud of dust it suggests the driver can barely hold them back