Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Orange Bulbine...

Real Name
    Joe

Orange Bulbine...

After mowing the lawn this morning I was sitting in the screen porch drinking a diet Coke. As I glanced over at a plant that was sitting on a table waiting to be planted in the garden, I noticed a nice soft mid-morning light falling on the blossoms. Getting my camera I quickly captured what I saw. Posted below is the result. C&C welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Orange Bulbine...

Orange Bulbine...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Orange Bulbine...

Joe

I much prefer the first one. The single stem has a beautiful simplicity, but there is so much to look at in the flower.

I'm seeing some sort of banding on the background. It doesn't feel like a PP artifact. Was there some sort of transparent object behind the flower?

Real Name
    Joe

Hello Donald, both images were shot against the screen material enclosing the porch. The pattern/banding is the out of focus screening. I decided to leave it alone (actually could not do much about it), I have become very fond of some of the backgrounds in Sharon's images (in one I remember her using muslin). Behind the screening was the lawn as a background but it picked up the screen rather than the lawn. Thank you for viewing and commenting.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Very nice first image that is otherwise ruined for me by the banding effect created by the screen. You mentioned that you couldn't do much about it (if you wanted to, which may not be the case.) If you would apply Gaussian Blur or Noise Reduction to the background, that would eliminate it.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 24th July 2012 at 12:49 AM.

Real Name
    Jon

I also like the first image the best...the backgroound (screen) does not bother me in the least. Nice shot.