Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canadian Rockies

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Canadian Rockies

I've been inactive on CiC for a while because of our recent holiday in Canada. The trip included about a week in the Rockies and what a wonderful place it is for landscape photography. The opportunities are almost endless and I could have easily spent a couple of months there !

Needless to say there were quite a few photos taken and I just wanted to share a few. If you want to see more, you can look at my PBase album.

Comments Welcome.

Dave

PS: Pls click on images for best viewing.

Mt Rundle (Banff) from Cascade Ponds
    Canadian Rockies

Emerald Lake
    Canadian Rockies

Mt Athabaska
    Canadian Rockies

Bow Lake
    Canadian Rockies

From The Rocky Mountaineer
    Canadian Rockies
    Last edited by dje; 22nd July 2012 at 08:03 PM.

Real Name
    Terri

Re: Canadian Rockies

They are all beautiful photos, but I especially LOVE the Bow Lake photo. The perspective of that bridge heading toward the dip between the mountains along with those vibrant colors is just phenomenal!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

All very nice, Dave. I didn't take a look at your website, but I wonder if you took the bus up the side of the mountain into the area of Yoho National Park where they limit the number of hikers each day. I've done it four times and it's absolutely the best hiking I've ever done.

I like your Bow Lake image the best also. Consider cropping some off the top to emphasize the leading lines of the wooden walkway. If you eliminate the bright patch of sky on the right, the walkway will lead you directly toward the only remaining "hole in the clouds."

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Thanks Terri and Mike for your comments.

Mike I didn't do the hike you mentioned although I have heard a little about it. I'm afraid my wife and I aren't great hikers ! I had a play with the crop you suggested as follows and it certainly changes the impact of the shot, in a positive way I think. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave

Canadian Rockies